Doctors not interested in doing FUT less than 3000 grafts?

Hello,

I recently went for an FUT consultation and was told that doctors are not interested in doing an FUT for anything less than the maximum amount of grafts possible in one session. In other words, if you only "need" 2000 to restore the hairline, they will still extract 3000-4000 and pack the extra hairs in tighter or use the rest to fill in the crown, etc.

I am always suspicious of being ripped off and I was wondering if this is a common opinion among doctors?

Sounds odd to me, Bosley??

The surgeon should perform a procedure and graft count that will allow you to achieve your goals, not extract extra

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

sounds odd, but I would take that as a sign that I don't or shouldn't do a HT procedure at this time ... hold off until you actually need 3k or more grafts before ever doing anything surgically or cosmetically that will affect the rest of your life ..

The surgeon should perform a procedure and graft count that will allow you to achieve your goals, not extract extra

Exactly. My surgeon estimated me 2500 grafts and I got 2710. :)

Never a mention of 3000.

Go with your gut--- if you have a bad feeling about the clinic.. you might be on to something.

And Don't go to Bosley !

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Lots of top surgeons perform FUT hair transplants in the 2000-3000 graft range.There may be cases where a surgeon sees a patient would not be anywhere near happy with less than 3000 grafts and decides that he'd rather not see a long term unhappy patient.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.