Transplanted hair frizzier

I was just thinking about this! I know it is usually, a bit, "uncontrolable" initially, but should become more comb-able as the hair naturally cycle throughs its phases.

But you say your hair is thinner?

Do you mean the FU/cm2 is less than expected or that the hair shafts of the transplanted hair is thinner?

Would you post some pics for us please?

Thanks.

take care...

It took me almost 18 months for my hair to become less frizzy. getting it cut helped as does some product.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It took me almost 18 months for my hair to become less frizzy. getting it cut helped as does some product.

From the first transplant, the second one, or both?

take care...

i noticed it more so from the second ht but i think that's because i kept my hair sort with ht #1. the second ht gave me enough hair to grow it long.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the replies. Glad I'm not alone. I meant the hair shafts might be thinner. As for frizzy or curly, it's more that it's light and it just puffs up. Won't stay down like it used to. Here's a picture but it doesn't really show it well. I don't have an old shot for comparison. This is right after combing it.

PICT0007.thumb.jpg.fc882a4bcf42822b14f9505622f51695.jpg

Normal. The hair will always come in a bit coarse but then mature to normal texture. It can take over 14 months before you really see the final result.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Different persons seem to have different time frames for when the transplanted hair can become "normal" and blend in with the native hair.

Basic question:

In the time that the transplanted hair was frizzy, what steps did you take to mitigate the frizzy look?

Cutting the hair short?

Styling the hair in a particular direction?

Any particular moisturizing products used? (PGP mentioned the loss of oil production from sebum producing glands).

take care...