Need some best docs in NYC for a FUT..Around NW3(pic attached)

Hello there, Im planning to get a FUT done sometime this year and im around NW3 I guess. I'll definitely not rush the decision since it's a no undo process. I did know some good docs here after some online research. Can you guys give me the top of top docs in your mind for a FUT?( I prefer NYC, but not restrict to here if there is really an excellent doc somewhere else, Canada is a bit troublesome for me since I need visa to go there)

And how many grafts u guys think I need? ( Im not planning to do crown at this stage.)

Another thing confused me is that.. lets say I consult several clinics, for sure they will show me their best results, so it's gonna be hard to decide..( definitely I'll ask to visit real local paitients if possiable)

My last concern is I believe most of procedures done here are White. But I'm an Asian. And our hair are different in some aspects..So Im worried if the result might be not as good as others ..

Thank you all of u guys for any thoughts :):)

5b32de3b2d523_photo(1).jpg.26ca999f190b499586a372aa43fc8349.jpg

5b32de3b8d183_photo(2).jpg.71abe87b8dd83b3535bae14a4ffa0e56.jpg

photo.jpg.916160f48dda38b2b0917e0cb806af7a.jpg

If your only looking the FUT route I would go with Dr. Ron Shapiro of SMG in Minnesota, Dr. Konior in Chicago, or Hasson and Wong in Seattle. Dr. Wong is famous for his crown work but he is of Asian decent if that helps you any, but any of these world class doctors I mentioned won't have any problem with you.

The amount of grafts really depends on what you are trying to achieve (lowering or keeping existing hairline). If you reinforce the hairline where you have it now and just address the widows peek i would estimate 2000 grafts for the front third, but that all depends if the doctor will implant in the existing tuft of hair you have in the front third of your scalp. I would think the l 2000 range is where you will ultimately be quoted if you are only trying to address the front third.

Im not a doc but good luck

You only live once...

Thank you for your advice. Im 25. I know H&W has a office in Seattle for consultation. But I dont think they do surgery there..

And I am gonna just restore my orginal hairline rather than lowering it. And I find that the color of bald spot which orginally coverred by hair is slightly different than elsewhere, samething I found on others based on my observation. So we can easily find our orginal hairline I guess.

The main reason I go FUT is FUE is over my budget..

NY and it's surrounding areas are pretty dense with high quality hair transplant surgeons, Have you checked out our interactive map? To see how we pre-qualify physicians, click here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

In NYC area: Feller, Wesley, T&D are great places to start. Looks like you need at least 2-3k grafts depending on the hairline you want.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

If you're committed to staying in the area, and it doesn't appear that you are (I live in NYC), the guys mentioned above are a good place to start - Feller, Wesley, True & Dorin.

I traveled to Chicago for mine (Konior). I wasn't going to let travel or money be the deciding factors. I consulted with Wesley, H&W, Bisanga and SMG, but once I met Dr. Konior, I knew he was the guy.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

In NYC area: Feller, Wesley, T&D are great places to start. Looks like you need at least 2-3k grafts depending on the hairline you want.

Thank you for your reply..So why u choose Dr. F over other two?

If you're committed to staying in the area, and it doesn't appear that you are (I live in NYC), the guys mentioned above are a good place to start - Feller, Wesley, True & Dorin.

I traveled to Chicago for mine (Konior). I wasn't going to let travel or money be the deciding factors. I consulted with Wesley, H&W, Bisanga and SMG, but once I met Dr. Konior, I knew he was the guy.

I live in Jersey city, pretty much close to the city. I heard Dr. Konior does the whole surgery himself, but most of others let their crew implant. Is it better? or would physical strengh be an issue since the procedure is long and requires focus all the time?

I am a working professional just starting my career, so I do not have much time, few vacations and money. I hope I can live more freely at your stage.:)

Another thing confused me is that.. lets say I consult several clinics, for sure they will show me their best results, so it's gonna be hard to decide..( definitely I'll ask to visit real local paitients if possiable)

Your best bet is to spend a few months miticulously looking at FUT results from top docs around the world, reading experiences and reviews, and doing some consults. This process should not be rushed, after you think you've reviewed all the doctors of interest... do it all over again. And gain. And again. You will see things differently each time around around. After you're familiar with your favorite docs and every single one of their results and reviews ever posted on the internet like the back of your hand, you might be ready to make a decision.

I don't know why you want FUT though.

I heard Dr. Konior does the whole surgery himself, but most of others let their crew implant. Is it better? or would physical strengh be an issue since the procedure is long and requires focus all the time?

The guy is a machine and the results speak for themselves. Incredibly passionate about what he does.

Your best bet is to spend a few months miticulously looking at FUT results from top docs around the world, reading experiences and reviews, and doing some consults. This process should not be rushed, after you think you've reviewed all the doctors of interest... do it all over again. And gain. And again. You will see things differently each time around around. After you're familiar with your favorite docs and every single one of their results and reviews ever posted on the internet like the back of your hand, you might be ready to make a decision.

I don't know why you want FUT though.

I choose FUT simply because it's way cheaper and the scar is not visible if u meet a good doctor. And also I heard that the survive rate of the hair is better than FUE since it causes less damage while extraction. Not sure about this..But Im open to FUE if the scar is unacceptable.

I choose FUT simply because it's way cheaper and the scar is not visible if u meet a good doctor.

No doctor can guarantee that a scar won't stretch, no matter how good he or she is. You can certainly minimize the risk if you choose well, but even the good docs have cases of donor scars stretching from time to time. I think one surgeon on here said he sees around 4 cases of it a year and really has no explanation for it. Please do more research before you make a decision. I won't try to convince you either way (I had FUT) but each individual's situation is unique and they should develop a strategy that best suits their needs - that is, after carefully considering their options.

No doctor can guarantee that a scar won't stretch, no matter how good he or she is. You can certainly minimize the risk if you choose well, but even the good docs have cases of donor scars stretching from time to time. I think one surgeon on here said he sees around 4 cases of it a year and really has no explanation for it. Please do more research before you make a decision. I won't try to convince you either way (I had FUT) but each individual's situation is unique and they should develop a strategy that best suits their needs - that is, after carefully considering their options.

Thank you for your advice..How are you feeling right now? Do u mind share your results since I did not see any pics in ur profile

Thank you for your advice..How are you feeling right now? Do u mind share your results since I did not see any pics in ur profile

I feel like I made an informed decision after doing a lot of research - talking to people, studying results and having consultations with various doctors and clinics. I'm only 4 1/2 months out so I can't comment on whether I'm happy with my results. I look to be on track and am cautiously optimistic at this point. I don't think I'd do it differently and feel confident about who I chose to perform my HT. I'm glad people post their results on here for others to review, but it's not something I'm comfortable doing for various reasons.