Need Advice ASAP

dyski

Am a 30 year old doctor had my FUE transplant 16 months ago 4500 grafts in one session .. after surgery I suffered from shock loss even though I doubt it was shock loss, I have been losing my hair since I was 23 kept under control with treatments, I think the loss was because of the sudden stop of the treatments (propecia, rogaine, revivogen) as I said I had my surgery 16 months ago in Turkey, at the beginning I noticed some growth then at 6 months my hair started to grow but not as much .. At one year on follow up my doctor considered the surgery as a failure cause there was not much growth, he offered to do another session .. Am not blaming him or the clinic I went to because there were two other patients and it worked just fine for them actually you cannot tell they had surgery it was that good ! So it made me wonder why it didnt work for me, some of the answers I was given is that I have a high blood circulation cause I work out alot which I think is ridiculous, another explanation was because of the anesthesia damaged my scalp, and yes I needed alot of anesthesia cause it kept wearing off (due to my high blood circulation !) ..

My question is, should I do another session ? am worried about my donor area though I have very thick and dense hair, but after my first session it feels thin even if its not visible at all .. I had 4500 grafts transplanted, my doctor offered me another one for half price (money is not an issue) with better post op care and told me about new techniques and stuff, I just dont wanna end up with a thin donor area which is gonna be visible if I cut my hair grade 3 .. three surgeons assessed my donor area and said they can yield 3300 grafts and am gonna end up with a total of 7700 grafts ! & can I grow my transplanted grafts or are they gone for good ?

I need an advice

Is the doctor one that is recommended here? Are there past examples of other failed cases?

And can you pin down the real reason for failure? --> poor work, health issues, sunburn, infection, scalp issues affecting the recipient area ??

Until you get those squared away I would not do it again

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Dys,

Maybe it would be helpful to consult with several other physicians and obtain their opinion? Have you looked at our recommended physicians?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

@hsrp10

Thank you for replying, I have no health issue what so ever, I don't smoke I dont drink I workout everyday am fit and eat healthy food am perfectly fine, there was no infection, the scabs came off without bleeding by themselves actually they were amazed how fast my healing process is going and were expecting amazing results, and I have no scalp issues .. I doubt it was poor work I know two other ppl did the surgery with the same doctor and believe me you cannot tell that they had a transplant .. One of them posted his experience here and he advised to go through with it .. There are only two doctors from Turkey here and he is not one of them

@Blake

The problem is we dont have cosmetic surgeons who would FUE in Jordan so I cant have a proper consult ..

Another question, can I regrow the transplanted grafts ? I can't seem to find a proper answer ..

Please proceed with caution my friend. 4,500 grafts is a big hit on the donor, so you do not have alot of grafts left to play around with without noticeable thinning. Do you have photos of your situation so we can give you a better analysis?

I doubt it was poor work - I know two other ppl did the surgery with the same doctor and believe me you cannot tell that they had a transplant. One of them posted his experience here and he advised to go through with it.

Two people is not a reassuring number and does qualify as 'consistent results.' I studied dozens of my doctor's results - and I mean scrutinized pictures, often putting them in photoshop and enlarging them as much as possible to study them, and spoke to several of his patients to get firsthand information. I looked for any negative reviews online. And when I finally met with him, asked a lot of questions. It was a two-hour consultation.

In other words, it could very well be poor work. Don't discount it. A lot can go wrong in the handling and placement of the grafts. Did your surgeon do all the placement of the grafts himself? Or did the techs do most or some of the work? Ask these questions. How long have the techs been working for him/her? Experience plays a role.

There are only two doctors from Turkey here and he is not one of them

Who was your surgeon, if you don't mind me asking. Mickey is right. If you lost 4,500 grafts, that is a severe blow to your very limited donor supply. I wouldn't give the guy who wasted them another shot at completely compromising my chances of cosmetic improvement. Proceed with extreme caution.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I don't know if my donor area can be assessed with these pictures, am thinking of BHT but all am reading is conflicting articles about it but at least I wouldn't be worried about my donor area at all

image2.jpg.345504fd05ec31eec4fbeaa196617c85.jpg

image1.jpg.0d4391b3294af0f0e41f7acf05d44f46.jpg

These were exactly 11 months post op ... I had grafts transplanted on the front and back .. I only noticed a bit of growth in the front I can barely notice a hair line other than that nothing .. Actually I read somewhere in the forums that someone had similar experience to me post as his donor area looked horrible after 4500 grafts in one session at the same place I did it .. Again am not blaming anyone I just wanna fix what I can fix at least cover my vertex, am thinking of a BHT I dont wanna touch my donor area even though they are telling me its still dense for 3300 grafts ..

IMG_1467.jpg.a035847b476e20d520de7601612a2cad.jpg

IMG_1466.JPG.61c99ca08a5d9ee3739d965cf5faa3d8.JPG

Hmm. Do you have any pre-op photos? I don't see the damage to the donor area you're concerned about. A little patchy, but that could be due to shock loss.

It can take longer to see results with the crown. Pre-op and immediate post-op photos would be helpful. Without them, we're just guessing.

From the pics, I don't see how it's possible you had 4,500 grafts, or needed that much.