Would i be a good hair transplant candidate?

With this type of severe loss in the crown area and slight thinning on the top would i make a good or bad candidate for a hair transplant?

I certainly don't expect a thick full head of hair again, but if i could just get it to be less noticeable in fair lighting i would be happy.

I am 31 years old and have had gradual hair loss for 8+ years.

5b32ddebc5012_IMG_20140321_1647512.jpg.d8e0915381940076bc28ce3044c23720.jpg

You would be a great candidate as long as you have good donor hair. I had FUE and had a bald crown. I had a large surgery of 5,125 grafts which covered my crown and filled in the front. I just posted a couple new pictures on my HTN website. I'll be posting crown pictures soon. FUE is a great option without the FUT scar!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

With this type of severe loss in the crown area and slight thinning on the top would i make a good or bad candidate for a hair transplant?

I certainly don't expect a thick full head of hair again, but if i could just get it to be less noticeable in fair lighting i would be happy.

I am 31 years old and have had gradual hair loss for 8+ years.

I think so. Are you on the meds? They can be pretty effective at filling in the crown.

In my case, I had my hairline restored and the meds filled in my crown. I may go for a future procedure to further fill in the crown.

In your case, I'd go in for a consultation.. can't hurt..

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I think so. Are you on the meds? They can be pretty effective at filling in the crown.

In my case, I had my hairline restored and the meds filled in my crown. I may go for a future procedure to further fill in the crown.

In your case, I'd go in for a consultation.. can't hurt..

No i haven't tried rogaine or propecia, i have always assumed (perhaps wrongly) they would either do nothing or just create some fuzz that wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus i know myself and without concrete results i would not last long in any strict regimen.

I'm new to these forums, do people on here recommend them?

You would be a great candidate as long as you have good donor hair. I had FUE and had a bald crown. I had a large surgery of 5,125 grafts which covered my crown and filled in the front. I just posted a couple new pictures on my HTN website. I'll be posting crown pictures soon. FUE is a great option without the FUT scar!

Some Crown success photos would be great, everywhere i look tends to only show receding hairline success photos.

Or perhaps if anyone else has some links to crown success photos from a true angle like in my photo.

With this type of severe loss in the crown area and slight thinning on the top would i make a good or bad candidate for a hair transplant? I certainly don't expect a thick full head of hair again,

A few years ago many doctors were reluctant to transplant the crown because it can eat up a lot of donor hair. Today there are a lot more surgeons willing to transplant into the crown.

You are relatively young and will have to be careful to not use up all your donor hair in your crown, because you may need donor hair if you lose more hair in the front over the next 10-15 years.I hope to get a crown focused procedure later this year. I think Dr. Wong is very skilled at crown work. Meds many times won't restore a lot of what you have lost, but the meds greatly slow or stop further hairloss, so you can better hold on to what you still have. I think with the right doctor (depending on donor hair) you will be an excellent candidate for crown surgery.

You may want to watch this video about crown transplants:

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Some Crown success photos would be great, everywhere i look tends to only show receding hairline success photos.

Or perhaps if anyone else has some links to crown success photos from a true angle like in my photo.

just check out my photos, look for the change in crown appearance from Day 1 to 6 months. Crown had no transplants, only meds. Doc rebuilt hairline. I went from NW5A to nobody detecting that I'm a baldy. :D

Paulygon's Before and After Photos

Let me know what you think.. it was a huge transformation.. Jotronic called it "the perfect storm"

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.