4000 FUE grafts with Dr. Maral

another

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BaldingBogger, the operation was around May/2013. Following all the chronology of the thread, do you think that there would be time for a second operation with so fast results?

Yes elegant there could have easily been a touch up at 11/12 months circa may 2014. The growth from that could very possibly be showing nicely by now at 5/6 month stage

• 2 weeks later...

Operation Date: April, 2013.

Grade 6/7 hair loss;

Hair loss pattern is between NW.6 and NW.7.

Minimal donor capacity/potential should be more than 4000 grafts in the first FUE session. (if less, this is called grade 7 hair loss)

This pattern of hair loss always requires at least 2 sessions for coverage of all hair loss areas with good density.

1st session: Maximum number of grafts was removed from his donors (4000 grafts) and transplanted from the front to the top area.

This area is anatomically one part and should be transplanted in the first session to achieve a natural coverage.

We transplanted optimum number of grafts to the front area and allocated the remaining grafts gradually decreasing in number to the middle-top areas.

This operative planning strategy, transplanting the grafts from front to the top area, gives the patients more freedom for timing of their 2nd session. If we had transplanted all grafts from the front to the middle-upper parts, much better density could have been obtained over transplant area, but compelled him to come for the 2nd session much earlier because of unnatural coverage, all over the front, nothing over the upper-top.

At the 2nd session more grafts will be transplanted to the upper-top-back areas and if necessary, front area density can be increased by adding some more grafts here.

Preoperative donor area, and post operative day 1 picture showing planning strategy:

5b32e2ab502ce_grade6-74000gr4.jpg.3f095129c3ca92f3f63de6b930872057.jpg

5b32e2ab69ec4_grade6-74000grpoday1.jpg.38d6a0144c8cce2e58e2866807d10fe9.jpg

I am the marketing representative of Maral Hair Transplant and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Klinik in Istanbul, Turkey.

I think a surgeon is far better targeting a smaller area with 4000 grafts on higher Norwood patients

instead of trying to spread them over the entire surface area as coverage is just too light in my opinion. I have seen some recommended surgeons do it and I question their reasoning for it.

Another,

Dr Maral should have just tried to hit the frontal to midsection in one surgery and then target another area with a second surgery and possibly reinforce the first surgery if necessary. A transplanted crown alone can eat up a high percentage of a donor supply and look thin.

We congratulate Chrisdaw on his very accurate comment for Another's operative planning by Dr. Maral.

In Addition; Another comes from Class 4 donors (live in UK)

Class 4 donors: Central Asian Area (people from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Malaysia, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Iran, Azarbeijan)

Features of Class 4 Donors: Donor areas may show some less capacity compared to Caucasians; - less donor area hair density, and hard, consistent subcutaneous tissues which necessitates some traction forces to remove grafts.

Note: There are many exceptions.

Many people from class 4 donors may show donor area characteristics with high capacity like Caucasians (class 1 or 2).

Some Caucasians may show donor area characteristics like class 3 or 4 donors.

1000 grafts can carry 1000 to 3500 hairs (or hair roots, or hair follicles) depending average number of hairs per graft in a given hair transplant session (mostly depends on the donor area hair density)

Another's donor areas max. capacity was 4000 grafts in the 1st session. We estimate 2500-3500 more grafts in the 2nd session, and after, there still will be sufficient number of hairs to cover the donors (he had thick donor hairs, his advantage)

HT results should be compared within the same class of donor areas.

I am the marketing representative of Maral Hair Transplant and Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Klinik in Istanbul, Turkey.