How to Stop Getting E-mail Notifications?

Rootz

Can someone please explain how to configure your account on this forum to stop e-mailing me notifications for messages posted?

I've gone under Account -> Settings and tried disabling all of the check boxes under "E-mail Notifications"... but, when I do that then click save the page just reloads with most or all of them rechecked again. It's literally impossible to uncheck them and save the changes. Seems to be some type of glitch.

Ok fine, so then I created a whole new dummy e-mail account and set that as my "E-Mail" under Account -> Settings. Saved the changes, verified the change with my new e-mail... it's now the new e-mail I use to log in. Great, problem solved right? Wrong. It's still e-mailing my old account. HOW?

What do I have to do to stop this? This is so ridiculous it's actually funny!

Rootz,

I'm sorry to read this. I know you can set a filter in your actual email service, but I would like to resolve the issue from our end as well. Especially if you're still receiving emails at a different account. I'm going to forward this issue to our webmaster and ask that he investigate as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Rootz,

To stop notifications, you have to go to "Your Info" > "Edit Options" > and change "Instant Email Notifications" to "No Email Notifications". Then under "Your Info", go to "List Subscriptions" and then delete your subscriptions. I have already gone ahead and done this for you so you should no longer receive any email notifications on current or new topics you participate on.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. If you wish to turn on email notifications for a particular topic, there is an option each time you post. But if you want to change the default, you have to make this change by clicking "Your Info".

• 2 months later...
Rootz,

I'm sorry to read this. I know you can set a filter in your actual email service, but I would like to resolve the issue from our end as well. Especially if you're still receiving emails at a different account. I'm going to forward this issue to our webmaster and ask that he investigate as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience!

Is there any other way to stop getting email notification? I mean can i stop it from my profile?