Wearing Head Bandage 1 week post?

This is a bit of a strange scenario. I plan to have hairline and temple point work done soon and will be taking 2 weeks off from work. The second week (7 days later) instead of just sitting around I'm considering putting my time off to better use and getting surgery done on my ear that I've needed for a while... however this would entail wearing a head wrap bandage around my head for a few days. The head bandage would be to hold the ear, and would definitely overlap the temple point work as well as possibly some of the front hairline area. The bandage would probably be tight but also breathable and stretchable.

I've e-mailed my HT doc but while waiting I'm curious what others think of this. If I could get the ear surgery done during the same downtime that would be very nice, two birds with one stone and also save my vacation hours. I just don't want to mess up my results.

Thoughts? Is this a good idea, or too risky?

hey Rootz, you having FUE or FUT done?

I recently had some temple point work (and slightly heavier work behind my existing HT's).

Dr. K said I could sleep on the area after 5 days, but I was extra cautious and used a travel pillow until around 2 weeks...

Anyway, can you reschedule your second surgery til after 10-14 days post-op?

You should be Ok but that may be a safer approach, the thing that would worry me would be not the wrapping of the area but rather when removing the bandage it might pull on grafts.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Oops yeah should have mentioned it's FUE. Good point about removing the bandage, there would still be scabs and stuff. Didn't think of that. Not able to schedule the ear surgery later, it's either do it 7 days post op or do it a different time altogether and take additional time off work.

The thing that concerns me the most is wearing it for multiple days consecutively.

Sadly no, doing the ear first would not help as I would then need to take time off before the HT, on top of the two weeks after the HT to recover and let the scabs fall out. I think doing the HT after the ear surgery might also be more awkward than vice versa because they would need to be extra careful not to bump my ear during the HT.

I did get a response from Feriduni's assistant and surprisingly he thinks it would not be a problem wearing a head bandage 7 days post op, but he is going to get the doctor's direct input and get back to me.

Feriduni did address my question and said it would be alright... so long as it absolutely did not touch any of the recipient area. lol :(

So for me the issue would be the headband touching part of the temple point work (sides of head). But I think I found a bandage on Amazon that secures the ear by going under the chin and over the top of the head, which should not touch anything. I think I might go that route.