Healing and happy with 3320 grafts in one session with Dr. Madhu

riz

Hi All..

Finally I have done my HT after a year of study and research in this site. Thanks to Falros and Pat to keep this site alive and active all the time with lots of information for all bald heads. I contacted few members in this forum to finalize my doctor and went for my HT on 2 May 2009 with Dr Madhu in India. I traveled from Singapore to India and met the Dr in the morning hours. After the screening and blood tests he talked abt a bit on himself and his experience in HT procedures and took my pre op pics. Around 11 AM I was on the table for my strip harvesting. When it started I could here the tearing sound of skin and Dr told me that skin is little hard and everything will be alright. Then he started making the incision on the scalp using the insulin needle which he claims makes a very fine incision. My session lasted for around 8 hrs and all the time he himself and his wife(She also a experiences HT doctor) and other assistants took turns to put the grafts on my scalp and all the time they were talking to me icon_smile.gif. Now I am on to my third week and happy that all my wounds are healed and I don't see any severe itching or anything. I am on Finastride and Minoxidle 5%.

The only thing which worries me is the hair loss on the back of my head. I am loosing at least 30-40 strands of hair daily in the past few days. First 2 weeks hair loss was very minimal so I igroned that. I have shed around 40% of HT hair as well. Attached is few pics for you guys to refer.

IMG_0588.thumb.JPG.849d7a6fc1c12caca8077e46dacf71bf.JPG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Riz,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant. It's a shame your doctor hasn't taken advantage of the invitation I extended to him in presenting examples of his work to be considered for potential recommendation. We could certainly use a quality doctor in India to recommend.

Things appear to have healed nicely. Keep us posted on your progress.

Bill

Thanks Faceros. Yes, he is a good doctor but somehow he is very reluctant in using internet and email. He is not even well conversant in English also. May be that could be another reason why he wants to be away from limelight.

rpachigo,

is that the cost of your transplant ? i see you have had a bad transplant, is it for that one or did you have another done, if so with whom ?

What is the name of your doc ?

riz,

how much did you pay per graft and which city in India is this doc ?

Bill,

Most doctors are too busy, to spend time on forums.. if they are being booked months ahead, why would they want more advertisement ;-)

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Bill,

Most doctors are too busy, to spend time on forums.. if they are being booked months ahead, why would they want more advertisement ;-)

PD,

Promotion may be a biproduct of recommending surgeons however, we are not an advertisement service. We only approve doctors for recommendation who prove to meet our high standards.

There appears to be an unprecedented number of Dr. Madhu patients posting here shortly after I contacted him to learn more about his clinic. Ironically, he has never bothered to respond to my emails.

Of course, genuine patients are welcome to share their experience and photos here. But if I find out doctors are soliciting their patients or offering them compensation to post here, none of his patients will be allowed to post.

Bill

Bill,

I agree with you on this. If Dr. Madhu can share his surgical expertise in this site, which can be useful for the thousands of bald heads across India and abroad. During my procedure I asked him the same question and he said he is planning to setup someone who is proficient in English and computers with some medical knowledge. Hope he will find someone who is good at that! Just don't know why the doctors from India are so apprehensive about sharing their knowledge in open except the infamous Dr. A.

I never heard of him. Is he from Hydrabad?. Do post your before and after pictures. Hw is is technique? Are you satisfied with the results for far?. I am planning for another HT next year.

rpachigo,

I saw your pics, looks like the strip was too long almost near the temple. cannot belive they needed such a long one for fewer grafts. Good Luck anyways!

riz, thanks for the info. Good luck to you too..

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by KaYKaY:

I got my HT done with Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy 4 weeks ago.

KayKay, i had 2 surgeries done by Dr.Reddy too, and i the donor area is definitely visible after the procedure. It's one of the regrets I have. The only trick i employ is not to cut my hair too short. Hopefully, it clears off in due time...

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming response on my progress. These pictures are more on the realistic side, because I tried to capture pictures from a normal picture taking length. In fact my hair is not that thick but it appears to be thicker in the above pictures. I have taken few more pictures at a higher zoom level to show case how the hair exactly looks like. I really don't know whether I am going to have more growth or it is the end of everything.

I don't want to go for another HT because of the fear of scar widening. Now I have very good hair growth near the scar area so I can go for a very close hair cut. Propecia and Minoxidil have done a wonderful job on my crow area and near the hair line. Actually I witnessed new hair growth near the HT hair line and it added a normal looking feel at my hair line. So I have decided to be on Propecia and Minox since I have not seen any of the infamous side effect on me. Ordered a supply for another 6 months from India through a friend as it is cheap there. Here in Singapore a box of 28 tablets coast me around 110 SGD!