Effect of emotional stress on Transplanted hair

Hi All,

Too bad I am having to deal with an emotional stress within a week after my HT. My girl friend has kinda ditched me. I am trying to patch up with her but having to deal with a lot of emotional stress in the whole process. I cried shouted and all that stuff... Sounds silly but still saying it all here hoping for some answer.

I have a feeling I will take at least a month or 2 to recover from this. Either the break up will be permanent or she may even come back to me..

My question is, do you think this will impact my growth? I am worried guys. please help.

Thank you.

Hi mate, sorry to hear your having such a tough time, try not to stress out about it, but I think if stress affected a hair transplant result no ones would work, as I can't think of anything more stressful than a ht, all the worry before, the stress of the op, then the worry about how to wash , treat it , then the wait for it to grow!! Stress is present with everyone who has one !!!

Just think about 12 months time when your beating the women off with a stick!!

Good luck!

Transplanted hair is no more or less susceptible to the effects of stress-related hair loss than natural, non-transplanted hair.

While stress is one of several causes of non-genetic hair loss, it's not particularly common and I would not be concerned about it.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I agree with David. Best of luck! I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Try to remain focused on your positive future and that time heals both mental and physical wounds.

Your HT will be recovering just fine, but the stress of yoru breakup might be affecting things like your eating and sleeping patterns, which could affect your general health and recovery.

Try and relax as much as you can, sleep when you can, eat plenty of fruit and veg and remember....

If someone wants to be with you they will, if they walk away, let them...they'll come back if they want you 110%.

If not, her loss, just look forward to getting rid of the anxiety and stress you used to suffer from your hair loss prior to your HT and look forward to a 'new you' in the coming months.

:-)

Hope this helps. chin up

2800 FUE, Istanbul