Hair Transplant removal

Hi,

I had a HT done by a top surgeon 6 years ago, around 2400 gfts in the hairline and temples, Recently I've stopped taking fin to maintain the native hair so eventually it will start receding behind the HT at the front so expect to remove the HT eventually. I'm thinking of using laser hair removal, this suits me as I could have it done near-by. Is laser hair removal sufficient?

Also after I remove the hair transplant will there be any scars on the recipient area from the HT procedure? Will that part of my head match the rest?

Thanks

I had a HT done by a top surgeon 6 years ago, around 2400 gfts in the hairline and temples, Recently I've stopped taking fin to maintain the native hair so eventually it will start receding behind the HT at the front so expect to remove the HT eventually.

Jojo can you provide photos?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi,

These were taken years ago, there the only pre/post HT pics I have, all the post op pics were taking as the HT was still maturing. Dr Rahal was my doc. This is all depressing thinking of balding behind the HT area and having to remove the HT, I'm very stressed over it. I have been toying with the idea of taking a micro dose of fin as I can't see any other solution to holding onto the hair but I don't want to be taking fin indefinately either.

http://s339.photobucket.com/user/con_080/library/?sort=3&page=1

Edited by Jojo

photos can be deceiving (I think it looks fine!) and its apparently bothering you, but I would not damage what you have paid a lot for and gone through already.

after stopping fin I thinned out behind my transplanted area on one side, but recently had it filled in and also had some temple work and grafts placed into my FUT scar at the same time.

filling in the area behind the transplant or SMP would be my suggestions before ever trying to remove what you have.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi, Dr Rahal was my doc. This is all depressing thinking of balding behind the HT area and having to remove the HT, I'm very stressed over it.

Jojo maybe you you set up a meeting in person or over the phone with Dr. Rahal. I am sure Dr. Rahal has experience with these kinds of concerns and could share some good advice. I think you should not do any removal now.

If what you say "might" happen, then you can deal with that later. Enjoy what you have today and "don't let tomorrow steal today". Who knows what might happen? You may or may not lose the hair behind the grafts. Who knows what technology or new medications may bring which could make your fears today a mute point?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.