Some Pre Op advice

Octamus

I went to Belgium 3 times, I meet with Dr Bisanga , Dr Feruidini and Dr Devroye.

Observations and recommendations for others

No 1 - I'm very happy that I got on the plane a couple of times and went to meet these guys in person. They were all fantastic to meet and to talk to. Highly recommended.

No 2 - I brought someone with me for my second trip, This made a world of difference! Having someone to sit in on the appointment and talk out the process in a local caf? afterwards made a big difference... If possible I would highly recommend a trusted companion..

No 3 - Belgium is a really nice place, great architecture , beers and food... Make it an enjoyable experience, stay a couple of days.

No 4 - Enjoy the process start to finish, don't stress, just relax and take everything one step at a time..

Each had a slightly different approach. and a slightly different design in mind for me but overall very similar. There observations and donor density calculations were also very similar. Which is what I wanted to hear to be honest. I wanted to hear the same thing from more than one Doctor before I committed.

Ha sorry, I went with Dr.Feruidini reasons being I liked his design and hairline work the best, He was approx 200 more grafts than anyone else..

So ended up with 2400 FUE start of January. Spent the first week of the year in Hasselt Belgium. I brought my trusted companion as mentioned above and rented an apartment for the whole week. Loved every minute of it.

Went shopping, bought grocery's , did some cooking , went out for dinners, sight seeing. Really was a great week and of course spent a day with doctor Feruidini which was for me an unforgeable experience.

I rate him a 10 in every step of the process. Could not have asked for more. I was going to wait to write a full post for him but it seems to be coming out here in bits and pieces instead ;)

I know now why he has the reputation he has and why he has a waiting list for months. Overall I'm very happy with my decisions and progress, at this stage there is no progress but I'm confident for the future and how things have went thus far ;)

Thanks Octamus. I tried to see both Feriduni and Bisanga as they where my two choices. But as Stephen from BHR was so exceptionally quick in responding i booked with him and then could not get a consult with Feriduni even though they tried , they offered me the same time. Then in trying to get another appointment i found them a little lacking in responding, quite the oppostite to Stephen( BHR) so was happy to book with Dr Bisanga.

Iam sure they are both top class though and you will have had a superb job done.

Happy growing.

Any thoughts as to how much effort one needs to put into laxity exercises before a 1st procedure?

(or are you doing FUE?)

I didn't do much of any scalp laxity exercises for the first HT.. and am wondering if I am going to regret that... :/

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.