Whare do I stand on post surgery 'tweaks' If I'm unhappy with the result?

Hi all, after much thought and bad times I have decided to go for a hair transplant. I can't really afford it but I'll find the money some way.

I just wanted to clear something up though, I've decided to go with BHR clinic and Dr Bisanga as his reputation seems excellent and the results I've seen are top notch but what is the general policy of clinics as regard to clearly unsatisfactory results?

Like I say, it's a LOT of money (All my savings, most of my possessions everything!) and say that after surgery I found my hairline to be uneven on one side or there is a gap somewhere or it's just generally not quite 'there' if you know what I mean. This could be down to a number of factors that has nothing to do with the surgeon's actual technique but I really don't want to be left high and dry so would I be taken back in for 'tweaks' and 'fix ups' if I wasn't entirely happy with the result or would I just have to grin and bear whatever I'm left with or pay more money?

I've heard BHR clinic has an excellent after care program but I just want to know where I stand after surgery is done.

Thanks all!

(Also forgive my misspelling of the word 'where' in the title. Pet hate!)

If it's slightly uneven or had a slight gap I'd honestly doubt it'd be noticeable. Going to a reliable hair transplant should mean that any errors/issues should still fall into a natural range.

Though if a serious issue came up, you could always style your hair to avoid it and save up for a repair.

Dr Bisanga has an amazingly repair policy. SL can correct me but I have been told that Bisanga has a wirrten gaurantee that if less than 90%(85% for FUE) of the grafts do not yield, he will perform a repair FOR FREE. I'm sure SL can elaborate on this more but I was very surprised when I heard this as many clinics are quite ambiguous or simply offer no repair policy. Bisanga is one of the few surgeons who is ethical, extremely skilled and stands by his patients. I like him alot.

Thank you Mickey85 that's just what I wanted to hear.

I would be very dubious about going ahead if there were not some kind of final approval policy and follow up approval after paying all that money. I have no experience of having a HT but I would assume that it isn't just in and out and there are constant 'progress approval' checks that happen at many stages from the consultation and on the day of the surgery to make sure it's just right before you are sent home.

Thank you Mickey85 that's just what I wanted to hear.

I would be very dubious about going ahead if there were not some kind of final approval policy and follow up approval after paying all that money. I have no experience of having a HT but I would assume that it isn't just in and out and there are constant 'progress approval' checks that happen at many stages from the consultation and on the day of the surgery to make sure it's just right before you are sent home.

Bisanga is one of the few surgeons whom I consider to be a patient's surgeon, one that won't bow out once the surgery is performed and leave the patient on their own. I have never read or heard about Bisanga attempting to get out of performing a repair or downplaying the severity of poor yield in order to exonerate himself from the obligation to perform a free repair. He is a stand up gentleman and I recommend him wholeheartedly to anyone thinking about a procedure based on those principles and his talent.

Glad to hear it. Dr Bisanga's reputation is near legendary, not only for his excellent work but like you say for his ethics as well.

He was always my number 1 choice based on that, it also helps that he is one of the less expensive Doctors as well and is relatively close by too (I'm in UK, Scotland to be precise)

I've already sent an online consultation form off with BHR and I'll probably go over for a proper face to face consultation too and see what my options are in fine detail.

Looking around my flat right now at all the things I'm going to have to sell to pay the fee but I think it will be worth it! :)

Just make sure your expectations are realistic, do a lot of research, look at lots of pictures, try to talk to patients of the doctor and read their experiences, etc.

Asymmetry is actually necessary to create a natural look. If all the hairs lined up thickly side by side in a straight line, it would look bad... because it would look unnatural. Be sure to focus on wanting something natural, not necessarily symmetrical. Some doctors will even go so far as to intentionally do an uneven and crooked hairline, the idea being it looks more natural when grown out.