Post Op. FUE Question - Shedding.

JamesFUE

Hello all,

I have a burning question that I would like to ask patients who have gone down the FUE path; it is about shedding.

Please find the attached picture - these are the hairs that are found after my usual hair wash routine (Lather, and massaging the shampoo on my scalp).

Are these fallen hairs perfectly normal? How do you all perform your daily routine? Do you intentionally scrub your scalp so these hairs fall off?

Thank you for your feedback.

NB. Post first month surgery.

SS.jpg.36589f2c4d1efdf7d6ff8887ab04d080.jpg

how many days post-op are you? If you are saying you are one month then you should be Ok.

those look like the normal shedding of transplanted hair (while grafts remain in place) as they have the hook or kink at the end as the tell-tale sign.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

It can happen from around day 14 onwards. People tend to shed differently though, and at different post op times. I was a late shedder, and didn't really lose most until post week 5. I can't really say I noticed too many hairs around me at any time or while washing. A few mornings I woke up and noticed a few around the pillow but nothing crazy.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

I was advised by my doctor that I would shed, but at which period differs from each person's physiology.

@ Johnny - did it the hairs just shed alongside with your hair wash? Curious - how do you wash your hair after the first month?