Which Shampoo is Best after hair Transplant (FUT)

devil786

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum, my age is 29, I recently did my hair transplant surgery (30 days ago) , my doctor prescribed me to use Hairfin(Tablets) along with Minoxidil 5%, also he told me to use baby shampoo for initial one month and after that i can use any shampoo of my choice, some day's ago while searching on the internet i came to know that a lots of people have very good experience with DHS Zinc Shampoo, currently i am living in Saudi Arabia, and unable to get this shampoo, A person from the pharmacy told me to use cystine B6 Shampoo, I want to know that is there any person who has experience with DHS or Cystine B6 shampoo, also is there any good alternative to DHS Zinc Shampoo.

I have done my hair transplant by Hair Plus Intl, PK, the doctor told me to use baby shampoo for one month and after that can use any shampoo, so thats y i want to go for the best option and wanna stick to it for the rest of my life.

I would recommend going back to whatever you used before. The last thing you need is to try something new which ends up giving you dandruff or some other irritation.

Just make sure it is a daily shampoo and not a medicated one only for use once or twice a week (e.g. Nizoral, T-Gel etc).

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I am 6 weeks out and I use Head & Shoulders in my donor area hair - as it's the only shampoo that has controlled my dandruff in the past - and Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo in my recipient site.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I have read some where that Johnson & Johnson baby Shampoo contains SLS (Sulphate) which is not good for hairs if used for long period of time.

The only thing I've ever come across on here regarding possible damage to grafts from shampoo is one person's assertion that overuse of Nizoral caused him to lose transplanted hair. Baby shampoo is pretty mild stuff.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018