An amazing experience under the care of Dr. Steven Gabel

Sbarnett

I am a 27 year old male who recently noticed recession of my hairline around the temporal regions. As a preventative measure I was using nioxin shampoo but decided I wanted to get a professional opinion regarding my hair loss and if surgery was needed. I went in for a consultation with a surgeon who kept pushing FUE surgery on me during the entire consultation. Due to the financial investment involved in such an endeavor I decided to get a second opinion. I did extensive research on hair restoration surgeons in the northwest and came across Dr. Gabel. I can't tell you how glad I am to have decided to get his expert opinion. Not only did Dr. Gabel not push surgery on me, he recommended I wait a year and try using propecia and Rogain to measure the effectiveness of the medication before deciding on whether surgery would be necessary. I would like to point out that Dr. Gabel makes his living by performing hair restoration surgery. Despite this, he recommended that I try medication first because of my age and minimal extent of hair loss. Dr. Gabel has the best interest of his clients at heart. He was extremely genuine in his assessment of my situation and I could tell he wanted to make sure that I would leave his office with all of my questions answered. Overall it was an outstanding experience and I highly recommend going to Dr. Gabel for anyone facing male pattern baldness and hair loss. I know that when I do decide to have a hair restoration procedure I will be turning to Dr. Gabel.

I'm happy to read your post Sbarnett! I was a young 20 something who did not have the same experience as you when I went to a HT doctor. They took my $$ and did a rather small procedure on me, but looking back on the whole experience, it was totally unethical. I should have gotten the same consultation and advice that you got from Dr. Gabel. I was way too young and my hair loss was at such an early stage there would have been no way for the doctor to know how it was going to progress. Anyway, I'm glad to see there are good docs out there who are both morally and ethically on the patients' side.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Dr. Gabel has a stellar reputation. Glad to hear he was able to give you some quality advice. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Yeah, Dr. Gabel is the man. It's great that you took the time to share this experience.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.