Need to find a decent surgeon

Welcome! Unfortunately, we do no currently recommend any hair transplant surgeons in South Africa. However, if you are willing to travel for quality work, I recommend viewing our interactive map where you can find pre-screened, skilled and ethical surgeons in many parts of the world.

To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Holy smokes. That is absolutely TERRIBLE. I would not be happy with that AT ALL. Do some really good research and pick a top doctor. Sorry to see results like these in this decade.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker would you describe what username got was the old type "plugs"?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Spanker would you describe what username got was the old type "plugs"?

This appears to be mini grafts, so yes, today this would be considered an old technique, but not only is it an old technique, but it seems to be a poorly crafted old technique.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi all,

When I consulted online with Hasson and Wong as well as a doctor from Capetown (Larry from MHR), they suggested the grafts need to be removed as it will be hard to blend in new grafts.

Hasson and Wong also say the hairs have been implanted in the wrong direction, the hairline is rounded not angled too. And on top of it all there are 2 cysts on my head probably caused by misplaced grafts.

My concerns are the pitting in the scalp that will be visible after the removal of the grafts. I am having some of the front ones lasered out, but those were put down too low during the first surgery, during the second surgery I requested the hairline a bit higher (amazing that I still had hope to go for the second, but initially he did tell me I needed 2 surgeries so I was hopeful).

yeah...

Are Hasson and Wong and MHR correct? Do I have to remove all these grafts? or is there a way to work around them?

Please help.

This is from this doctors website. Talk about being around 20 years behind the times.

Micrograft hair transplantation: This operation is one of the great success stories of the past 15 years.

Hair transplantation has been performed for the last thirty to thirty- five years but, until the development of the Micrograft, was not very successful. Not because the transplanted hair didn't grow in the past, but because the appearance of the large punch grafts used was unaesthetic and artificial.

By making the grafts much smaller, to include on average only 1- 4 hairs, far more grafts were required and the operation involved much more work and time, but the results were far more natural looking than they had been in the past.

First off, no offense to Larry from Capetown, but I would strike his comments from consideration, or at least take them with a grain of salt. H&W are experts and they sound spot on. I've read lasering usually does not remove all the hair unless numerous passes are made, and then it seems some continue to grow. The best bet is to excise all the grafts and start researching dermatology treatments like Home | Fraxel® - Fractional Laser Skin Treatments

or Dermabrasion: Dermaplaning, Acne Treatment | American Society of Plastic Surgeons

The work done by that man needs to be removed, then you can focus your energy on resolving the change in skin tone. You need to do copious amounts of research before you do anything.