my HT photos... after 3 years..need help

• 2 months later...

hey guys........i am about to finish off with my 3rd month in another 3days on the 14th and stepping into the 4th month....

well i was out on a holiday to europe so could not post my 2nd month pics....so uploading it for your viewing now...

check out my gallery!!!

3rd month pic coming sooooon (in three days)....

till then please comment on this pic!!

Rugger you should really consider buying some shares in MSM-producing companies (if you haven't done so already). With all that publicity you'll be a lot richer this time next year.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for posting your pics. I remember when I first got home from my surgery and looked in the mirror at the brown grafts covering my light brown scalp. I was estatic. I was bummed when they fell out and then when they came back my glee returned. If only they grew faster...

happy growing!

cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Hey Sweetlittle

It looks darn good.

I am also considering a HT by Dr Martinick, when she visits India. Would appreciate if you would let me know more abt the doc as well as what your experience has been with her. Do you recommend doing a HT by her? What about Dr. Rajput? How good or bad is he?

Thanks

Adesh

hi...

she costed Rs 100 per graft....i got 2,500 grafts for myself

so the cost came to be Rs 2,50,000 plus Rs 30,000 hospital charges...till now i am facing no problem and i think her work is very good...rest its going be 4months for me on the 14th of this month....

if money is no problem for you then you can wait for another 3 months as then i will be running in my 7th month and then i would be able to tell you a much better picture about her work..

Dr rajput costs half her price that is Rs 50 per graft...and i think he should be equally good as he peformed on me too with Dr jennifer(as they are friends) and one other doc...total 3 doc performed on me and took 6 hrs to plant 2500 garfts...

i dont know how many grafts you need....if its more then 2000 grafts then you atleast need 2doc too perform on you if you want to get it done in one sittin...so you better see which other doc will perform with Dr rajput if you dont go for jennifer....

I cannot say that I am familiar with that pricing scale ("Rs?"), but the work looks very professional and I know that you are going to be quite pleased with the hairline.

-Robert

----------------------------------

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

looks like things are taking off for you......the entire grafted area looks like its is producing now. Each month from here is going to get better and better

• 3 weeks later...

hi friends...

i am out of my 5th month....definately there is a change in my monthly progress as u all can see and notice that in my photos...

what i wish to know desperately is...am i going fine or in my case the coverage is a little slow in front...or in the 5th month its possible that all my grafts have still not popped out...

what u people who have experience think???

wow, that is a dramatic differance.

Good chance you still have plenty more to go. At 5 months, a guess would be you are only 60% there. So, you should see a lot more to come.

This is purely speculation, based on previous HT's.

Good luck and thanks for the updates!

Sweetlittle,

I put your "before HT" and your 5 month picture side by side and it looks good. I wouldn't worry about being slow-going, for 5 months I would say that you have a good amount of growth up top. You have been throught the rough stuff (the wait), now its time to sit back and enjoy the benefits.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 5 weeks later...

finally i am out of my 6th month...as u all can see a good amount of change in me but i am not full 100% satisfied...

that is why i have a question for experts and people gone through this.....

*am i getting worried about the density a bit to early??

*hairs are growing but i dont see the density,is it still possible in the 6th month that some grafts are still not out yet?

* i know that i'll get some more density in months to come when these new hair will grow to my normal size and will cover more area but is it also possible that my grafts are placed far from each other thats why the sensity is less in front???

for that i have posted the last pic where there is a close up of my left side grafts.....pls see and comment on what u guys think about my grafts placement....

waiting for comments???

sweetlittle,

It all takes time.

I read you received 2500 grafts. 1200 front, 1300 mid.

Was this FUE, or strip?

Strip can take anywhere from 3-6 months to start taking notice to results. Then 6-12 months to see the full yield.

FUE, generally takes longer. Add about 2 months onto each of those time frames. Sometimes, possibly upto 1 1/2 years, on an extreme.

You look like you are in fine shape. Just relax, it can be a tough ride!

• 6 months later...

hi guys....

here is my pic....was not in touch with the site for long but now i am back when i am full 1 year out of my 1st HT which i had last april....i am very pleased with my hairline,but ya expected a little more density out of it...anyways

i think, i will have to go for another HT in the coming time, may a year or soo...

but looking at my pics,i would really like u guys to comment!!!!

Originally posted by sweetlittle:

hi guys....

here is my pic....was not in touch with the site for long but now i am back when i am full 1 year out of my 1st HT which i had last april....i am very pleased with my hairline,but ya expected a little more density out of it...anyways

i think, i will have to go for another HT in the coming time, may a year or soo...

but looking at my pics,i would really like u guys to comment!!!!

Sweetlittle,

I opened up your pre-op picture and your 1 year post-op picture and looked them over. Then, to be sure, I called over a young lady that I know has absolutely NO knowledge about hair transplants. I asked her, "Does this look like a vast improvement?" She replied, "Oh my! Yes!"

I then asked her if she could detect if any surgery had taken place. She looked and looked for a while. "No, not at all. It looks great."

Now, before I called her over and showed her these pictures, I already knew the answers to those question. Dr. Martinick did a great job on your hair restoration surgery. The hairline is completely natural and blends well with your naturally-growing hair behind it.

After 12 months, you should be stoked and enjoying life!

-Robert

looks good man

do you use toppik or courve? i think you should give it a try to make that front look even with the back portion.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

thanks guys....

ya Dr Martinick really did a fine job esp with my hairline....

but having gone through 2500 grafts in front and my mid scalp the density is quiet less even after a year has passed which upsets me....

but still when i look at my before pics i just say to myself what else i could have asked!!!!

my fingers are crossed.....

baldcasanova thanks for your input.... its been a year that i am using toppik in my crown area....i dont use it in front as too much of use every day all over my head can spoil my hair...so only in my crown as the hair-style i do every day covers up my front completely....the style in my sample photos is just to show my HT results....

i'll add my photo which shows a daily hair-style i do...

• 1 year later...

hi people...

i am back on this site after 2 yrs.....seeking your advices and help ...

i had my first transplant 3yrs back,getting 2500 grafts done(single follicular unit)...it was distributed between my front and mid....my doctor jennifer martinick did not touch my crown saying that u would need another HT in the years to come

after seeing my condition....as she said that 2500 wont be enough...

everything looked good in the first year as u all can see my first year progress photos...there was some good results....i used to take propecia + 5% minoxidil...but after 6 months of my HT i got married...so i stopped the use of both fearing of the sexual side effects...and thought that in any case i need another HT sooooo...

let it be..

but now since last 6 to 8 months i have noticed that i have lost

some of my transplanted hair with the original once from my front and mid area.....my baldness in the crown area has also gone wide...

so now i was thinking that the time has come that i need another HT....but before that i wanted to share and get some advice from u experts..

*that how should i go about it ...???

*i heard that transplanted hair dont fall off!!!! then how in my

case they are falling off??

*any new methods have come up which i can go for and get

better results??

besides all this if u feel to advice anything else for me pls do so....

sweetlittle,

Welcome back to the forums. I think I vaguely remember when you got this surgery done. Your pictures do look familiar.

A few things:

1. I am not convinced your transplanted hair fell out...in fact, by looking at the pictures, it appears that you just lost the rest of your native hair. The bulk of your density was from the native hair patch in the front (you can tell this by the pre-op photos), whereas even looking at the sides of your hairline 1 year post op, they are still very thin.

2. The fact that you stopped taking finasteride or minoxodil could have been your problem as to why you lost more native hair. I'd suggest that if you want to keep the rest of your native hair, to get back on finasteride.

3. Not to knock Dr. Martinick, but I'd stick with a coalition surgeon if you are considering another transplant: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp. They are proven to do the best quality work.

4. I'm not sure what you mean by (single follicular unit), do you mean single hairs? If they are all single hairs, that means that the FUs were sub-divided and you did not get 2500 TRUE follicular units. That to say, it does appear that you did not receive 2500 FU grafts, or at the very least, not all of them grew in.

By the way...how old are you? Age should partially determine your best course of action, however, I'd get back on the medication ASAP. As long as you don't let your wife handle broken finasteride tablets and don't experience side effects, you are in fine shape!

Bill

Bill has given you some great advice.

I agree, I believe what likely happened was that you lost the rest of your native hair in front and you still had a pretty good bit at the time of your HT. It does appear that you didn't receive 2500 grafts but more likely hairs as Bill, mentione. 2500 grafts would have given you much better coverage than you received.

Get back on the meds and do some consulting.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.