my HT photos... after 3 years..need help

I disagree with you guys on this one.

The hair has thinned in the transplanted temple region.

The 1 yr pic is great compared to the 3 yr pic.

Is it possible the strip was taken from a non dht resistant area for this particular patient?

follica,

The slight difference in appearance in the temple regions I attribute to lighting and angling of the pictures.

sweetlittle...if you can try to post some pictures of your current condition more similarly to your 1 year post op in terms of lighting and pose, that would be great.

Bill

sweetlittle,

I've looked at the other pictures more carefully. I still hold firm that your results does NOT look like 2500 grafts...clearly something is wrong there...whether or not they fell out or you never received that many, I don't know.

The 1 year post-op results look pretty good, but I still believe it's mostly because of the native hair is longer and thicker and "feathering" with the transplanted hair. In other words, the transplanted grafts never really looked like 2500 grafts. But again, clearly there is something wrong.

Bill

At this point, it is what it is. A surgeon could look at the donor area to see if the strip was taken out of the safe zone.............however in the case of a diffused thinner such as this, it's very difficult to make any sort of determination. My "guess" would be that the native hairs have now jumped ship. He still appears to have some of the HT hair but better pics would help. Also, without post-op pics there's now way to really compare with respect to placement of grafts.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.