Your transplant..

It's mainly just dependant on your actual density density (hairs/cm) and your scalp contrast (dark hair, light scalp would be the most worst). I think the majority of world-class HTs hold up quite well, though not perfectly, especially if you are talking about a very high NW. But many world-class HTs do just fine under harsh lighting.

I hold up fine under a bright sun and most conditions; however, under very harsh flurescent lighting, and especially up close, my hairline can be a bit see-thruish these days. But I'm not sure I'd even go so far to say it looks bad.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Yeah, unfortunately every room seems to have harsh florescent lighting nowadays. My first HT looked pretty bad under the bright white lights. Not just because it was thin but because my recipient goosebumps (or whatever they are) were much more noticeable. I'm hoping round 2 will make a substantial difference.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron, that "goosebump" effect is something it seems Balboa has to deal with, though perhaps to more advanced degree.

Just as I'm more than confident that your 2nd, *world-class* HT will undo the damage while propelling you forward, I'd strongly encourage Balboa to look into a repair session himself. I fully understand if he wants to stick with FUE, especially if Armani didn't screw up his extractions, and even with just FUE he certainly has some excellent options at his disposal both in and outside the U.S.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

im not wanting to stay with FUE i will never have fue again EVER my only concerns are my donar supply i have fine hair anyways and the fact that amrani stole 2500 grafts from me isnt going to help i dont know how much i have left i know i defitanly dont have enough to cover my hair even with low density and i no im going to have to pray that cloning is out in the next 10 years when i also know i will have no native hair left as my father lost his at early age

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Thana, I think and hope you are right. Both Dr. Ron and Paul seemed to agree that they wouldn't be noticeable after the results are realized.

Balboa, I feel for you man. My first procedure wasn't even a hack job and it was pretty traumatic. But I agree with Thana, take some initiative and consult with the best. Amazing repair jobs have been done before.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

my main concerns about the repairing process is how to make the low side higer without making even more mess as far as scaring. for the time being i can probly get away with styling my hair with fringe down to discise any issues

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Originally posted by Scorpian:

Do most transplants look bad under harsh lighting (light hitting directly on the scalp)?

Yes, most transplants do look see-through under harsh lighting. Of course, if you were low NW to start off with, and you got very densely packed transplant, and you have the right color contrasts for hair and scalp, then you'll be fine. However, most HT patients do not fulfill all these criteria.

Scorpian,

I'm not sure I would define it as "bad", but harsh lighting can make a hair transplant look thinner than it actually is. Hair transplantation is all about the art of illusion for most patients. Only a select few lucky candidates with minimal hair loss can actually achieve "true" density in targeted bald areas.

I wrote this article a long time ago however, how lighting influences a hair transplant is discussed in this article. See "Will I Be Able to Restore a Full Head of Hair With a Hair Transplant?.

Best wishes,

Bill