Expected Hair growth after 17 Weeks of hair transplant

Can someone confirm expected hair follicle growth in terms of percent after 17 weeks of hair transplant. I did my hair transplant (Strip method for 3550 grafts) during last week of July at renowned Hair restoration Clinic in MN (USA), however I am not seeing hair density increase in top and crown area after the procedure. Moreover I have been using 1 mg finastride and with Rogain (Morning) and Lipogain (Evening) but do not see much difference. Prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim Aber

Edited by bmasum

I have seen a lot off cases where the difference on 4 and 8 months is shocking. You should be at the beginning of a growth phase so hang in there. The fun should be just starting.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Bmasum,

17 weeks is roughly the 4 month mark, which equates to approximately 20% maturation. In other words: Very little growth. At this point in time, the grafts are generally still thin and "wispy," and it really isn't too useful to stress about growth and yield yet. Like a few others stated, you will continue to see growth and maturation up until the 12 month mark. After 1 year, the grafts should be 100% matured and you can assess the results at this point.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.