1169 FUE Hairline Transplant Dr Bhatti on 12/2/13

Prime209

Well, 14 days have passed since the procedure. The daily routine of washing with mineral water, dabbing shampoo with gauze, applying shaving cream, rinsing with mineral water and applying aloe oil was getting tiring. I'm finally able to shower with baby shampoo per post-op instructions.

The crust has started to fall off along with minor shedding off the transplanted hairs. Still a lot of crust that needs to come off. Great thing is I went back to work 9 days post-op and no one has been able to tell that I had any work done. My hair was long enough to where I could trim it with scissors to cover the grafts.

My main concern prior to the transplant was infection and scarring (I have a history of keloid scars on my body). I can say I'm in the clear on the infection front and so far so good on the scar front. Can't wait for the crust and hairs to shed so I can see how the skin looks underneath.

On the scar Front, How did you check. Made sure that you are not scarring ? Just asking...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm 9 weeks post-op now. I still haven't shed a lot of the transplanted hairs, just about 40%, I'm a little surprised. Some of the transplanted hair that never shed seem to be growing. On the booklet provided by Dr. Bhatti the shedding should happen between weeks 6-12 so I'm right in the middle of it.

I do feel some swelling/raised skin in the recipient regions. It concerns me a little, I just hope its not scar tissue settling around the grafts. There is a very palpable bump on the L side (R in the pics) that has shed all the hairs (very baren) which concerns me because its so elevated.

Some itching has started which is supposed to be a good sign that the grafts are starting to grow. Overall I'm happy with the way things are going. The ugly ducking phase really isn't that ugly because I'm able to cover the the procedure areas with a nice and neat haircut.

Sorry about the pic quailty, iPhone pics.

5b32dd07596f3_Week91.jpg.ff8bb1b9d94d23e719eedddd81f67e52.jpg

5b32dd076afe1_Week92.jpg.a6c7211632c8ec07cb96b097d1c991e2.jpg

5b32dd077d8ed_Week93.jpg.b6862f01b27a2038a90e173d0fa04b39.jpg

5b32dd07911ec_week94.jpg.090124ad1319c1c9f9eade87d888a71a.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, I am posting a 9 month update to my FUE procedure by Dr. Bhatti.

I had 1169 grafts placed to reestablish my hairline back in December. Some of the grafts never fell out, which worried me initially, but the grafts grew in just fine. I would say I started to notice real growth at the 3 month mark. No one could tell I had anything done at any point during the healing process. The grafts grew in beautifully which I am very happy with. I continue to have slow shedding over the rest of the scalp which I am controlling with daily Finastiride and biotin supplement.

9month1.jpg.dfa6be9ceccf94787913cd0e9116fbfb.jpg

9month3.jpg.3e7e6cf7f3800c183935771ac8ead35b.jpg

9month4.jpg.29b23b812ba9cfe27f26954d3dae9ff8.jpg

9month5.jpg.0feae95d3a46e8b5bcd6bf09c3e127c6.jpg

9month6.jpg.c389a395b9cc494e12c27f986801099b.jpg

9month2.jpg.328124e96cf7768f5614541945e5d248.jpg

Congrats! Thanks for the update.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,

So its been 3.5 years since my FUE procedure and just wanted to give you all an update. I am very happy with the job Dr. Bhatti did on my FUE procedure in Dec of 2013. Below is a shaved head pic from late May 2017. My hair loss has continued over the 3 years but it has not been too bad as I've been taking 1 mg finasteride. I've elected to have another procedure done by Dr. Diep in California to give me the hair line i've always wanted and to fill in the new little spots that needed reinforcement.

No one has ever have noticed that I had anything done and to this day no one believes that I'm losing my hair, which was exactly my goal when I chose to undergo the original procedure.

So to anyone on the fence about FUE, my advice to you is to go for it. It has given me tremendous confidence and made me an overall happier person.

Why am I choosing to undergo another procedure? I want to have a perfect head of hair for the big day, as I am ending my long traveled journey of being a playboy bachelor and am ready to settle down with one woman :).

Cheers to you all!

Oh and I've started a new thread for my 2nd procedure which I had done on 5/26/17 with Dr. Diep (he's a really cool guy). I've added the pre-op hair pic from the latest procedure just so you all can see what I was going for. To see the results please check the new thread as I'll update it regularly.

FUE13.5years.jpg.fc478af8c402e23eafe7de3d6131e672.jpg

FUE2Pre-Op.jpg.37b2492ba3ad1602fd542fcf64aecf48.jpg

Edited by Prime209

Hey guys,

So its been 3.5 years since my FUE procedure and just wanted to give you all an update. I am very happy with the job Dr. Bhatti did on my FUE procedure in Dec of 2016. Below is a shaved head pic from late May 2017. My hair loss has continued over the 3 years but it has not been too bad as I've been taking 1 mg finasteride. I've elected to have another procedure done by Dr. Diep in California to give me the hair line i've always wanted and to fill in the new little spots that needed reinforcement.

No one has ever have noticed that I had anything done and to this day no one believes that I'm losing my hair, which was exactly my goal when I chose to undergo the original procedure.

So to anyone on the fence about FUE, my advice to you is to go for it. It has given me tremendous confidence and made me an overall happier person.

Why am I choosing to undergo another procedure? I want to have a perfect head of hair for the big day, as I am ending my long traveled journey of being a playboy bachelor and am ready to settle down with one woman :).

Cheers to you all!

Oh and I've started a new thread for my 2nd procedure which I had done on 5/26/17 with Dr. Diep (he's a really cool guy). I've added the pre-op hair pic from the latest procedure just so you all can see what I was going for. To see the results please check the new thread as I'll update it regularly.

Hi Prime209,

Good to hear from you. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. We wish you all the best.

Would you happen to have any recent pictures without the hair shaved/trimmed down before you got your recent second procedure done? Would be interesting to see how your hairline looked like 3.5 years after your HT with Dr. Bhatti.

Also, can you please point me to the recent thread that you have opened to describe your second HT procedure. I was not able to find it.

Again, good wishes and best of luck.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Prime209,

Good to hear from you. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. We wish you all the best.

Would you happen to have any recent pictures without the hair shaved/trimmed down before you got your recent second procedure done? Would be interesting to see how your hairline looked like 3.5 years after your HT with Dr. Bhatti.

Also, can you please point me to the recent thread that you have opened to describe your second HT procedure. I was not able to find it.

Again, good wishes and best of luck.

Regards,

California

Hello California,

Here are the recent pics that I sent Dr. Diep for my initial consultation at 3 years post-op. The hair looked fine as I kept it short (7 blade) and combed forward. But if I wanted to do a modern comb over (that's popular these day) or grow it long, I felt my hair line was just too receded and thin in the temples. This was my main concern with Dr. Bhatti when he initially designed it. For the last 3 years I've kept the same style because I never felt comfortable doing anything else.

And here is the link for my second FUE with Dr. Diep

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187070-fue-2-1070-grafts-dr-diep.html

Best,

Prime

5b32f3e1c933e_FUE13.5yearslong.jpg.afb2ee178ec3f8613d0b0a9721227da8.jpg

5b32f3e1e327e_Fue13.5yearstop.thumb.jpg.3fade6eed8784e1c1383254a84424d0c.jpg