Crown Procedure Progress

I am 3.5 months post op from a crown procedure. As I said in another post, I think the growth is coming in nicely; especially for a crown which normally grows slower. My wife took a good look today and said that where I had essentially barish scalp in the crown, there is now a nice dark thin layer of hair across the whole recipient site. I think this is good progress for 3.5 months.

Thoughts?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Can't decide....thanks for the update. I am particularly interested in your case bacause I hope to have a crown procedure in 2014. Before you know it the ugly duckling phase will be behind you. Hey speaking of the ugly duckling phase would you say that a crown only procedure is a significantly less ugly duckling phase vs your earlier larger procedure?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Can't decide....thanks for the update. I am particularly interested in your case bacause I hope to have a crown procedure in 2014. Before you know it the ugly duckling phase will be behind you. Hey speaking of the ugly duckling phase would you say that a crown only procedure is a significantly less ugly duckling phase vs your earlier larger procedure?

I think so. My ugly duckling phase lasted about 4 months after my first op and about 3 months this time.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I think so. My ugly duckling phase lasted about 4 months after my first op and about 3 months this time.

Cool thanks. I am interested as to what your results look like this Spring. Your crown procedure graft count is about what I expect to recieve. How long were you in the chair for the 2642 crown grafts this time?

Cool thanks. I am interested as to what your results look like this Spring. Your crown procedure graft count is about what I expect to recieve. How long were you in the chair for the 2642 crown grafts this time?

I think it was about 6 hours. Walk in the park compared to round 1 :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I think it was about 6 hours. Walk in the park compared to round 1 :)

That's what I wanted to hear. The 11-12 hours was a bit much for me, even-though I was mostly out....the last hour was the toughest as my Xanax began to wear off. Six hours really would be a breeze. Did you shorten your post-op stay because of the smaller surgery as well? And I assume they only shaved down the greater crown?

That's what I wanted to hear. The 11-12 hours was a bit much for me, even-though I was mostly out....the last hour was the toughest as my Xanax began to wear off. Six hours really would be a breeze. Did you shorten your post-op stay because of the smaller surgery as well? And I assume they only shaved down the greater crown?

Right, they only shaved down the crown. I stayed the same amount of time post op (3 days) but I can tell you the post op pain and discomfort was not nearly what it was after roung 1.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Oh one more question....how does the post-op swelling compare when they are just working on the crown?

Oh one more question....how does the post-op swelling compare when they are just working on the crown?

Much less.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

That's great. I think you'll be happy when it friends out. I'd wait it out and stay out of the mirrors for a few more months. Early growth is always a great sign though.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.