Is there a way to wear a cap without it touching your scalp?

Hi,

I am looking for a cap to wear post op that wont touch my scalp.

I am getting FUE for my sides and front.

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

Hi Traction,

You really shouldn't wear a cap for quite a while after your surgery. I've been told varying times that the grafts take to anchor properly ranging from 3 days to 10 days, but the longer you leave your head uncovered the better.

You don't want to spend all that money and risk anything happening to the work that's been done. Apart from that, it's best to let the air to your scalp to help with the healing from the incisions in the donor and recipient sites.

Follow the instructions of your doctor. If you are not oozing so it could dry to a graft when you pull one out, a light fitting hat should be fine, as long as it is ok with your doctor.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The donor area isn't really an issue you just don't want something that touches the recipient area. Get a snapback that you can adjust or a fitted ball cap a few sizes too large. I wore a hat every time I went out of the hotel room starting the day after surgery, and everything turned out just fine.

^ This. I wore an adjustable cap (the slider kind like a belt) reaaaal loose, and I was golden. I only had frontal work done, so that probably made it much easier to avoid it touching my recipient area. If I were to get crown work done, I'd be more apprehensive. I was just EXTREMELY careful anytime I placed it on my head, and would lightly pinch the front of the cap to make sure there was a good inch of wiggle room.

Hey Traction,

A loose fitting bandana would do well for your travel back home. A large fitted cap that is several sizes larger than your actual size shouldn't damage the grafts either. You may want to bring a headband along with you if you have one. Wearing a head band will help minimize any swelling as you heal.

Definitely avoid having anything attaching to the scabs in the front. It would be ideal to rearrange your hair to cover the grafts in recipient area if at all possible. The more air you allow to the grafts the faster they will heal.

You may want to consider staying close to the clinic for a few days after the procedure before traveling. You could then give yourself the opportunity for the medical staff to inspect the areas should you experience anything of concern. There's no need to rush back if you have the time.

Bandana headwrap

bandannaheadwrap_zps83231c19.jpg

Headband

sweatband_zpsaa949482.jpg

Click here - Contact Form

*New update: London consultations on 2-15-2014

UK: 44 203 318 6228

US: 770 663 1290

www.mywhtc.com

Email: customer.care@whtc.com

My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of Dr. Mwamba.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the replies.

I am planning on getting the surgery done on 9/10 Jan, and returning to work on the 15th Jan. I would be able to wear something to cover my head, but Im not sure what. As mine is a unusual case.

Should I try to take a few more days off?

I am getting the front areas addressed as seen in the pics

Thanks,

1.jpg.111fb66bdbf042336bd0c9be788c3fa7.jpg

2.jpg.84f4cd9781183b2873b12427625e98a3.jpg

6.jpg.03f610e96b3ffd88fc94a081ce547fb6.jpg

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

It all depends on the shape of your head, maybe go to a department store or sporting goods shop and try on many to find one.

I found a baseball cap that was ventilated in the back with tiny holes and mesh that didn't rub against my hairline or grafts, made by Otto. I wore this after my second procedure. Look for "Polyester Foam High Crown" type.

Otto International, Inc. - Products

But be careful about wearing a cap or touching the grafts until around 10 days, as mentioned above.

You could lose or damage some grafts.

mesh-hat.jpg.6239b7ed7a6c01314fc709255b62474a.jpg

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hey Traction,

As long as you don't do any strenuous physical activity, you can go to work as early as you want. What you should do is take off about five straight days to avoid having to wear ANYTHING on your head for an extended period of time. You want those grafts to set and allow adequate time for them to heal. You shouldn't have any problem returning to work on 16 Jan.

Free in-person consultations in London with WHTC's Dr. Patrick Mwamba - Saturday, February 15, 2014

My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of Dr. Patrick Mwamba.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians