3 months post op fue 1300 grafts. Not much growth.

baukiki

Hi forumers, need some advice from your experience, 3 months post fue, 1400 grafts on the temple area. And Not much growth.

A bit disappointed !! I do not take propecia and rogaine.

On the Right temple I could only see 20-30 hairs sprouts (curly and visible to naked eye) about 1cm BUT on the left is even worse only 10-15 hairs sprouting and very very thin hairs less than half centimeters. ( need a magnifying glass to see )

The rest are still as bald as before and no other fine hair can be spotted even using magnifying glass.

1400 grafts and I can only spot 30-40 hair sprouts overall. This is less then 3% of growth.

Is this a fail hair transplant?

quite worry to see this results. BTW, if right temple grow more than left isnt it will look funny?

Any advice from fellow forumers here? should I apply some over the counter hair tonic or something?

Thanks

(sorry, Dont have the pic for the moment , will post later )

Mate, 3 months in way way to early to judge or expect anything!! At 6 you should see a reasonable level of growth and by 12 months all should be through and nicely maturing, but at 3 months it's normal to have very little if any growth!! Some lucky people do , but the majority don't!! Don't panic it takes time!!

Maybe its too early as you guys mentioned. I will wait 1 more month and I will update the results.

You're more than likely not going to see much at 4 months either. At 3 months post-op you should only really be back to where you started before the procedure. You really have to be patient, more than likely you won't see any noticeable growth until around 6 months post-op. Did your doctor not go over a post-op timeline and what to expect?

Bauk,

It takes 12 months for a hair transplant to fully mature. At 3 months, you're only seeing the first initial signs of growth (if you see anything at all). 4 months will really only likely be an increase in maturity by roughly 10%. This difference will be hard to appreciate. Please, do keep us updated on your progress, but don't worry about classifying the results as a "success" or "failure" until the 12 month mark.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 weeks later...

Without photos it is difficult to give you a fair assessment.

However, I will say that the facts you provided make me a little nervous. First, I think that 1300 grafts is a bit under what I would ever recommend someone get if they want to achieve a long lasting cosmetic improvement with any significance. This is case by case though and since I can't see your hair maybe it is the right choice. Secondly, the biggest red flag I see is that you are not on any type of medication such as Propecia or fin. I don't see why a doctor would ever recommend having a HT if you are expected, which I am sure you are, to lose more hair. If you continue to lose hair in large sums then the transplanted hairs will provide little coverage and will not look good. Again I suppose this is case by case, but to me if you are not a candidate for medication then you are not a candidate for a hair transplant. It all seems very suspicious to me.

Photos, doctor, family hair loss history would all be beneficial to help you out in your question. Regarding the time frame….I agree with everyone else that it is still too early to tell anything, but you should soon start to develop an idea of how well the work was done.

These forums can be very helpful IF you provide full details and photos supporting your story.