African Male Need Advice!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing is, every week, some dude score a fly goal. Suarez scores 2-3 sweet goals every week. I dont care if some surgeon has a couple of lucky shots. I want to be 100% sure the surgeons has a awesomely awesme hit rate. When someone tell me...i have never done something in my whole life..i respect the honesty, but i take a deep breath, and scream, gooooooooooodbyeeeeeee (radha). Talk to you in 8-9 years. Its insane that they even tell you they are able to perform the surgery at all. But hey, some time got the be the first, just not me.

@jason I like your analogy of Suarez (Dr. Diep) to mediocre premier league player...how Suarez trash Norwich City last week, England will be next at the World Cup ;)

Not to obscure the main topic, but who do you follow? Arsenal here bud

It sounds like you very certain about Dr. Diep and already made a decision.

Yes, love me Arsenal. Ramsey > Suarez ;)

However the old Arsenal Henry, Kanu, Campbell, Vieira, Berg, team. I am worn, not a die hard fan anymore, got more responsibilities in life now.;) I still follow, however not close like my younger ages. Lets keep it about HT ;)

Hi all,

As previously mentioned, I am happy overall with my new hairline as the height, design, and angulation are perfect, however, in full disclosure, the density is not what I expected. I didn't want to complain prematurely since most people say not to assess the results for 12 months but at almost 11 months I can't reasonably expect an explosion of growth.

I sent Dr. Radha some pictures at 10 months and asked for her opinion. According to her, I received an average density of 48/cm2. Based on what I've seen and read on this site 48 should be pretty dense, especially considering my thick, curly hair. Unfortunately, unless I blend with the hair behind it my scalp is easily visible. I attempted to count the grafts in a sq cm and although I lost count it was definitely not approaching 48, maybe 30-35. I do notice some very thin hairs at the front, almost invisible. Maybe there are lots of those waiting to mature. I also still have little red pimples popping up from time to time. Some say that is an indication of growth.

I vaguely remember having a conversation with Dr. Radha immediately after my procedure (or maybe a few days later). She mentioned that she was interested to follow my results as she had never operated on someone with my hair type before (I have .75-1.5cm curls). She also mentioned a density of 35 and I may need another 1000 grafts. I can't remember the exact context of that conversation but the medical chart says "Density: 75%" which would make sense as 48 is about 75% of 60, my native density (I assume).

On the topic of confusion, she initially expected 2700 grafts. Then, during strip excision, she informed me that I may get 3000 grafts. Finally, after all was said and done, I only got 2267. I never got an explanation as to why the wild fluctuations (and I never asked, doh!). I did hear the loud crash of a metal pan hitting the floor - a voice in my head tells me that a portion of my grafts were in it, but not likely. Although, I do wonder if the medical chart was completed before the procedure with an expectation of 48/cm2 but maybe was never corrected to reflect the real result, 35. That's the only way this all comes together.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what really happened therefore I cannot know what to expect. I plan to see a local surgeon in a couple of months for an official count. As it stands, I will need another procedure to be completely happy.

@Xtatic- Thank you very much for the feedback about Dr. Radha please keep us updated on the situation.

@jason5- I could be wrong but i do not think Junior Members could send private messages, when i try as well i am getting the same problem.

@Mask- Have you made a final decision as yet? Any feedback from any doctors?

Thank you guys very much.

@jason5, have you made contact with Dr. Radha?

@TygerD, Check out Dr. Ron Chao, in California. I am following his work currently. Some are comparing him to Dr. Diep, however he charges less, $4 FUE per grafts.

Thanks Mask, you're the man! That pricing is up my alley and if you're mentioned in the same breath as Dr Diep then you deserve a further look.

For those of you who has been following my case i would like to announce that my concerncs with my physician has now been resolved. If I look past my unfortunate situation, I do think to this date that the doctor is a highly skilled surgeon who wants the best for his patients. I would also like to say that I feel like he has answered all my messages in a positive and professional manner from the day I sent him the first email, until today and that I bare no grudge to anyone.

I would also like to say, if I haven't said it before, I think he is a very pleasant person both honest and sincere. I am now satisfied and happy with the offer my physician has suggested to me.

• 3 weeks later...

This gentleman came to Arocha Hair Restoration after suffering from AGA. We were able to perform a FUT procedure of 1368 for this gentleman in early 40's.

We take pride in the results we have been able to achieve for our African American patient's and have had very successful outcomes with their procedures.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about African American Hair Restoration procedures.

JBtopCrownafter.jpg.9639bda34c154bec88d4b895688e5bbf.jpg

FUSITEPLACEJB.jpg.4ec217c7059f0b0fe9c50998de499d08.jpg

rightsidebefore.jpg.a579414a6658693746600a9ab3df3817.jpg

rightsidecrownafter.jpg.c02359a771628827c7b801fe1aba0feb.jpg

scarsiteJB.jpg.219d4f2d12c51ef0a6e164df5620f321.jpg

Edited by ArochaInfo

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...