African Male Need Advice!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Jason5 you are right this thread should keep going. Was your first HT, FUT or FUE?

It was a FUT. I dont think the surgeon would have mastered black hairs regardless of the operation. I went east instead of west. What was i thinking. Anyway. Youre still searching?

I would love to see someone from this forum from diep, do you know anyone, or a thread?

Ive seen his youtubes, but i would like to see peers from this forum as well.

I hear you, I just viewed your public profile and looked your HT doctor, I am surprised he did not get the job done. He is one of the well respected surgeon here for FUT. I am sorry to hear that.

Yes, I am still searching for my FUE HT. I spoke with Dr. Diep for about 30 mints about a month ago, he sounds very knowledgable about African hair as a whole. He mentioned couple well known actors hairlines; Jamie Foxx, Will Smith so on, additionally he mentioned how east and north African have less curled roots than south or west African, it was knowledge explosion for me because I have friends from both sides. He charges $6-9 for FUE or $3-5 FUT. As of FUE method, the price is $11,000 for 1,500 grafts, 13,500 for 2,000 grafts and $16,000 for 2,500 grafts. I hope that helps. Keep doing research there is couple thread about him here.

Thanks for the update Mask. Dr. Diep seems to have a lot of experience with African hair and is an excellent surgeon but the prices are out of my budget :( Have you made you choice as yet of which doctor you will be going with for your procedure? Thanks

I hear you, I just viewed your public profile and looked your HT doctor, I am surprised he did not get the job done. He is one of the well respected surgeon here for FUT. I am sorry to hear that.

Yes, I am still searching for my FUE HT. I spoke with Dr. Diep for about 30 mints about a month ago, he sounds very knowledgable about African hair as a whole. He mentioned couple well known actors hairlines; Jamie Foxx, Will Smith so on, additionally he mentioned how east and north African have less curled roots than south or west African, it was knowledge explosion for me because I have friends from both sides. He charges $6-9 for FUE or $3-5 FUT. As of FUE method, the price is $11,000 for 1,500 grafts, 13,500 for 2,000 grafts and $16,000 for 2,500 grafts. I hope that helps. Keep doing research there is couple thread about him here.

Thanks for the update. I also talked to him for a couple of weeks ago, and i agree with everything you said. He seems to be knowledgeable about african hairs. He also talked to my about the differences within blacks which obviously is comforting. I didnt quite get your point with foxx and smith, what about those guys hairlines?

I havent found the diep threads yet but i will keep on searching. It seems that if you are black and want a HT its maybe diep or fuck it. Maybe early to conclude but it seems so this far.

Jason5, I was stunned to learn that it was Dr. Pathomvanich who performed your original procedure. That is a completely unacceptable result from someone who is supposed to be a top surgeon.

I was even more astonished to read that he more or less insulted your intelligence by claiming the poor growth from the new grafts was because of competing with surrounding hair for blood supply. There WAS no surrounding hair so that's bullshit.

It's far more likely that he didn't make the recipient incisions deeply enough so the new grafts struggled to get nutrients from the blood.

You waited 18 months for results you paid good money for and that work is a disgrace. You should demand a full, no-quibble refund immediately.

Maybe you should ask your new surgeon to clarify whether he'll have to remove the grafts Dr. Pathomvanich botched before implanting new ones.

Best of luck.

Jason5, I was stunned to learn that it was Dr. Pathomvanich who performed your original procedure. That is a completely unacceptable result from someone who is supposed to be a top surgeon.

I was even more astonished to read that he more or less insulted your intelligence by claiming the poor growth from the new grafts was because of competing with surrounding hair for blood supply. There WAS no surrounding hair so that's bullshit.

It's far more likely that he didn't make the recipient incisions deeply enough so the new grafts struggled to get nutrients from the blood.

You waited 18 months for results you paid good money for and that work is a disgrace. You should demand a full, no-quibble refund immediately.

Maybe you should ask your new surgeon to clarify whether he'll have to remove the grafts Dr. Pathomvanich botched before implanting new ones.

Best of luck.

Thanks buddy. I thought that information was not possible for people to see, anyway youre right. I will talk to him about this. I dont know whats the point of lying is. Its not like im going to think oh well well..there goes my hair and money, and just leave it at that.

My apology for the late response since I’m just returned from hair meeting in India, have lots of presentation and didn’t have time to access the email. In regarding to Jason5, he had FUT on April 12th, 2012. 1,798 grafts (1-hair = 219, 2-hair = 1,221 and 3-hair = 358) were transplanted on the recipient area roughly about 45 cm2. African type of hairs are extremely curl, grafts are difficult to cut and inserted compare with Asian and Caucasian hairs. It’s a time consuming procedure and the team need to be patient. I have reported “How to Minimize Follicular Transection in African Type of hairs” in Hair Forum International and also had chance to speak in UK (European Annual Scientific Hair Restoration Surgery Meeting) and in Chicago (ISHRS Annual Scientific meeting) 12 years ago. However the basic principal of hair transplantation is the same regarding any racial.

No one hair line is the same but might look alike. My practice is to have patients express and draw the hair line as he or she wishes and then I communicate and readjust till the patient happy after assess his donor hair and the extend of baldness. Physician wants to have his result look good and end up with happy patient. However in some the result was unexpected with inadequate growth and patients as well as physician are unhappy.

Jason5 has communicated well with me via email, after year and a half there is inadequate growth of transplanted grafts and I offered him to do another session with no charge. As physician we first have to find out the cause since there are many factors causes inadequate growth. I have been practicing hair transplant for 22 years and I believe my team is capable in handling this hair type. It’s up to Jason whether he wanted to seek other doctors as suggested by the thread and I believe I knew most of them or return to me for reassess and redo surgery without charge.

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Tel: +662 6190 351-3  ,  Fax: +662 6190 353

Visit our website  http://www.dhthairclinic.com      E-mail: info@dhtclinic.com

The poor guy has waited 18 months and, looking at the photos he posted, the texture of the new "growth" is completely different from the rest of his hair. It looks as though someone glued cat's hair onto his temples.

From what I've seen, I think a FULL refund would be far more useful to Jasun5 than another round of "free" surgery from a doctor who got it wrong the first time around.

The poor guy has waited 18 months and, looking at the photos he posted, the texture of the new "growth" is completely different from the rest of his hair. It looks as though someone glued cat's hair onto his temples.

From what I've seen, I think a FULL refund would be far more useful to Jasun5 than another round of "free" surgery from a doctor who got it wrong the first time around.

Thanks for the support. I will let you know the outcome of the things discussed shortly.

@Zedenka and jason5..This some what I have...Let me know what ya think...

MyGoals&Expectations: Doctor who specialize FUE only, Manual punches for extraction, Affordable, experience with curly (African descent hair). Here are some of doctors on my list, however not all meet my goals.

Dr. Mwamba; Located in Brussels/Belgium. He has well documented excellent results, skillful for his hairlines, he has experience with African descent hair. He is a black man himself. His price are 5 euro (Complete shaving of the donor) 6 euro (Part shaving of the donor) per graft. He uses manuel punches for extraction.

Dr. Radha; Located in India. I have been a fan for her for sometime now. We exchange couple e-mails and this is her exact writing “I have experience with Afro-American hair. I can do yours too. I can do 2500 FUE, may be in three days.” She charges $2 per grafts.

Dr. Hakan; Located in Turkey. He is great surgeon with great results; he is on my top 10 best FUE doctors. His prices are 2 euro for everthing minus Airplane ticket. Its unbeatable price, however his representative mentioned on his e-mail “ he has no experience on African American patients.” in addition he said “If your hair is thick, being curly is not big deal but, if your hair is thin, being curly will be problem.” Dr. Hakan specializ in motorized punches for extraction but also can do manual for 2.5 euro.

Dr. Bhatti; Located in India. One of the most exprience FUE doctor, also trains many up coming surgeons. I have talked to him via phone for brief moment and we exchanged numerous e-mails. He has provided me an e-mail address of his previous African man patient. In his writting the patient labeled Dr. Bhattie as a magician. ;) This was his exact writing “Dr. Bhattie could easily be classified as a magician, but the difference is that he is for real. I personally think he can transform a guy to look like a Gorilla. I am not joking. If this was a betting issue, i would place all my worth that after he is through with you, you will think it is a dream.The earlier you go see him the better. I recommend him a 100 per cent plus.

I have seen one before/after pic of the patient, waiting for more pictures. Dr. Bhattie uses motorized, charges about $1.00-$1.40 per grafts.

Dr. Diep: Located in US. He uses Manual and motorized at the same time what ever hervest most and healthiest graft he goes with that one. He specialize in African descent hair. He uses the “DFC” also better known as Diep FUE Curve Technique to harvest curly or wavy hair root. Dr. Diep predicts where the curly root lies, allowing him to go after it at specific curve angle into the scalp in order to harvest the entire root uninjured and healthy enough to trasplant. He charges $6-9 per grafts.

Dr. Ozgur: Located Ankara turkey. He has an excellent review in the German furm. He specialize FUE only, charghs 3euro. No much to inform about Dr. Ozgur, I made contact with some since I am fluent in German more to come about Dr. Ozgur shortly.

Dr. Koray: Located in Instanbul (Turkey). He is on my top 5 best FUE surgeons in theWorld. Now this man is an FUE mastermind. He has vastly experienced in FUE-procedure. He does have an experience with African descent hair via his e-mail, just don't know how much. I am in contact with Danny his representative from this furm. He charges 2.5 euro per grafts plus 300 euro for Medication. He uses Titanium manual punch and Hypothermosol storage for healthier graft. He is top affordable FUE surgeons.

Great thread gentleman. Nice to see ethnic hair in the spotlight. Hey Mask, when did you get that 6-9$ pricing from Dr Diep? I had a botched 1st surgery and wanted Dr Diep to do corrective surgery but the pricing was a bit too steep. I skyped with Dr Diep in June and told me I would need around 1300 grafts to fix my hairline which would be like $10 grand. I think I can get away with fewer grafts because my hair is rather thick. He is a great guy though and I plan on going to him when my funds are right.

Good Day Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, work has me busy these days. Thanks for great response and information on the post, really appreciate it.

@Jason5 - Am glad Dr. Pathomvanich replied and clarified exactly happened and hope you resolve the situation with him, please keep us posted.

@Mask - Thanks for the extensive research and i appreciated your time and efforts you put into this post and all the information you have provided. Of all the surgeons you have mention expect Dr. Ozgur i have been researching them, watching there before and after pictures and feedback from the members of this website and they all are excellent surgeons.

My Goals and Expectations are the same as yours "Mask"

Dr. Mwamba; Is an extremely professional surgeon and provided excellent results from the before and

after pictures i have seen so far and as you said he seems very knowledge and experience in African decent hair transplant. The cost per graft he offers is not around my price range and this moment but i have no problem saving more money if i have to do it with him.

Dr. Radha; I have exchanged few emails with her and her response to me was basically the same as yours, i just wish i could have seen some before and after picture of her performing FUE on African type hair since she normally does FUT.

Dr. Hakan; I have contacted him and the response was the same you got as well.

Dr. Bhatti: I have seen reviews and pictures of his work and he seems to be an excellent surgeon the only problem i might have or seen with him is his hairline work but other than that he is great.

Dr. Diep: I have watch many videos of him on youtube working on African decent hair, he seems extremely experience and he also provided excellent result but his price per graft is out of my price range for now.

Dr. Koray: Is an excellent surgeon but as well i have seen no evidence that he is experienced with African hair.

So to conclude, if i had to choose a surgeon to do my hair transplant because of there experience, result and cost I will choose Dr. Radha or Dr. Bhatti.

I wish Dr. Koray and Dr. Hakan had more experience with African type hair else i would have also gone with either one of them.

Mask what do you think and what do you recommend?

Thanks to both Zedenka and Mask for the breakdown, very much appreciated. Regarding Dr.Path, i still in talk with him.

I couldnt access Dr.Mwambas homepage, do anyone have the same issue as me?

Also,I see that Dr.Radha is mentioned, she doesnt have any pictures on her page on the topic african-american, why is she discussed at all, same thing with Bhatti. On Bhattis page is just a complete blank page with nothing.

@TygerD The specific date was Oct/09/13. Let us know, what you plans will be as a contibution to this thread. ;)

@Zedenka our mind think alike. I did elimination method according to my Goals&Expectation I mentioned on my writing above, well I have Dr. Radha, Dr. Bhatti and Dr. Koray (assuming has experience on Afro-hair, waiting on his e-mail) standing aboard. However, Dr. Radha would get eliminated she does not specialize on FUE only and Dr. Bhatti does not do Manual punches for extraction. Well, I e-mailed Dr. Bhatti concerning his extraction and this was his e-mail reply yesterday “I have never done manual extraction and this is just what I have been trained to do. I have not found my transection rates to be any different from those who practice manual extraction.”

I believe him, I have seen his work his transction is very low. Therefore, I have Dr. Bhatti or Dr. Koray standing. I am planning to get HT during my annual off work leave which is in march, so decision will be made little before that

@jason5, xtatic5 from this theard had HT done by Dr. Radha via strip method, he is happy. He is an African American, we exchanged couple private e-mails, he is on his 10.5 post-op. He mentioned that he love his hairline design and how his hairs are angled exactly as his natural hair and the height is 6cm and flat. As far as Dr Bhatti, I have couple pictures from his past patient, from Kenya. I am waiting for better pictures on Dr. Bhatti patient. I hope that answers your concernt.

Thats sounds comforting. I will try to come in contact with Radha then. Ill guess blacks do differ a whole lot. Some africans have less curly hair. I know that i have an extreme curl, so that may be a potential risk with going to a young and upcoming surgeons who hasnt seen the different variations within blacks.

@jason5, have you made contact with Dr. Radha?

@TygerD, Check out Dr. Ron Chao, in California. I am following his work currently. Some are comparing him to Dr. Diep, however he charges less, $4 FUE per grafts.

@jason5, have you made contact with Dr. Radha?

@TygerD, Check out Dr. Ron Chao, in California. I am following his work currently. Some are comparing him to Dr. Diep, however he charges less, $4 FUE per grafts.

I have been in contact with Radha. I asked her how many black patients she have seen, where she replied she had performed few. I followed up, asking, but how many? How many exactly. 30, 50, 1000?

"Frankly speaking, I have done for Afro Americans but not for pure African descendants"

"I assisted one surgery on a black patient during my Fellowship training at Bangkok."

Comparing her to Dr.diep performing HT on black patients right now appears like night and day, or comparing the world class attacker Suarez to a random premier league player. Respect the honesty though.

"Frankly speaking, I have done for Afro Americans but not for pure African descendants" "I assisted one surgery on a black patient during my Fellowship training at Bangkok."

@jason, "Afro Americans vs pure African descendants vs black patient"...I wish she could have have elaborate on that, its reassuring to hear from an expert prospect.

So where does xtatic5 from this thread fall in as he is her happy patient in his 10months post? Well

Edited by Mask