African Male Need Advice!!!

Hi all good day,

Am new here on the forum and i was wondering if someone can give me some advice.

Can you recommend a good hair transplant surgeon that has experience with African hair at an affordable price?

Also I have been researching for quite some time, is anyone familiar with these clinics in Turkey:

1. Comfort Zone Cosmetic Surgery

2. Medical Park Hospital Group Hair Transplant

They offer hair transplants at affordable prices.

Thank you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great question, I am on the same exact boat. I am an African descent as well. I have been doing research over a year now. I have about $6000 budget, am NW 5. REMEMBER; HT is more difficult for curly haired guys like us, our hair does poses special challenges. You need experienced sergeon. I have never heard the clinics you mentioned above mate. I tell you this, after a year long research, Dr. Bhatti in India am leaning to; affordable and exprienced. Let me know what you think...

I know and i agree that it is more difficult on African decent like us. I see that Dr. Bhatti is not on the list of best recommend hair transplant surgeons? Isnt it recommend to choose a surgeon from that list? How much does he charge per graft and does he have any before and after pictures of African males transplants? Thanks Mask.

What about Dr. Radha Palakurthi.\? I see that on her profile she has experience on African males and her cost is 2us per graft FUE and she is also on the list of recommended surgeons. What do you think?

Well, you right it would be nice if a doctor is recommended here. Dr. Bhatti was suppose to get recommended here on this form, however the moderator (Bill) decided last minute not to. It is when Dr. Bhatti made a comment regarding FUE provides better density results than FUT. There is more in to it, its among Bill and Dr. Bhatti little issue nobody knows exactly what happened. Well, move on I have made contact with 4-5 doctors here in US recommended by this form in the last couple months the price range was $14-22000 for 2500 grafts.

Dr. Bhatti price is $1,20-1,40 a graft. As far as statistics Dr. Bhatti does only FUE, in the year 2013 only 536 cases all FUE. Out of them 24 were Africans. You can find the source on his website. I have couple pics of african descent from his prior patient from this from. He is very delighted of his results, I have to ask his permission. if he says yes gladdly email to you.

Yes you are right Dr. Radha Rani Palakurthi is recommended in this form. I will be candid with you, I always want make contact with her, however I have never seen her FUE work yet of any kind. According to my research she specialize only in FUT; well this will be my task to make contact with here next week or so. Keep in touch brother, we will most def get through this. ;)) Let me know any doctors you have in your mind..

Two other doctors i saw and have in mind is Dr. Hakan Doganay and Dr. Koray Erdogan who are excellent hair transplant surgeons. Dr. Bhatti seems to be an amazing doctor but i realize when he creates a hairline they seem to all have a point in the middle like a widow peak(maybe it just me). What do you think?

Dr. Radha is an excellent doctor (she was my surgeon) but she does specialize in strip. Personally, while I love the idea of FUE, I worry about the large punches, donor thinning, and poor yield that is more common with African hair. However, if you are prone to bad scarring then I'd go FUE.

@Zedenka, xtatics5 is also an African descent who had strip done with Dr. Radha. We have been messaging each other, he has replied to all me questions about her. Thanks xtatics5.

Back to you (Zedenka), I did make contact with Dr. Hakan Doganay, he replied to my e-mail instantly with couple hours, however he does not have any experience with African descent patients yet. I have been following Dr. Hakan and Dr. Radha and their work is very impressing; their attention to detail and most important their results of other races.

Dr. Hakan price is as follows; 2 euros for hair per hair graft and 2.5 euros per beard. The utilities, like hotel/hospital, food, transportation is paid or included.

I have not made contact with Dr. Koray Erdogan yet.

As far as Dr. Bhatti you are right, he is known for his widow peak, he also has some other hairline artistic. Its important to know what you WANT and e-mail make contact with him. Black man we do have different hairline, low, define hairline it depend on your age of course.

Yes, African descent hair is low density. However, African descent patients do not require too many grafts due to the spiral nature of their hair and one hair covers as much as up 10 hairs would in other races. Therefore, if surgeon takes more grafts than it is needed, it becomes a case of over harvesting. Its very important to select an experience doctor not only FUE or FUT but also exprience with African descent. Let me know what you think...

Amazing detail, information and research Mask, it seems you have been researching for years. I agree with everything you said, it is very important to to select an experience surgeon. My question to you now is, the time you have spent researching and gathering information which doctor/s would you recommend specifically for African type hair? And which doctor are you going to choose for your surgery? Thank you very much.

Thanks for your input "xtatic5", truly appreciate it. Do you have any before and after pictures? How many grafts were transplanted? Do you recommend FUT instead of FUE for an African male? Thank you.

Dr. Maral had an African guy at the same time I had my surgery, and he said that it was difficult to extract the grafts from his donor area but they made it. I saw the guy the next day and he seemed OK post-op, but I forgot his email address. Maybe you can ask Dr. Maral to get you two in touch? Again, I'm still waiting for my results to mature, so I'm not making any suggestions yet :)

Well, you right it would be nice if a doctor is recommended here. Dr. Bhatti was suppose to get recommended here on this form, however the moderator (Bill) decided last minute not to. It is when Dr. Bhatti made a comment regarding FUE provides better density results than FUT. There is more in to it, its among Bill and Dr. Bhatti little issue nobody knows exactly what happened.

Mask,

Your statements are innacurate and requires clarificaiton. Dr. Bhatti was being considered for recommendation but was never formally presented or approved. Thus, I'm not sure what you mean by he was "supposed to be recommended".

Physicans recommended by this community are prescreened. Part of the review process includes privately and publicly reviewing his credentials and results and garnering feedback from our community - which includes feedback from our current list of recommended physicians.

I was personally impressed by Dr. Bhatti and his work. However, several leading physicians recommended by this community have come to me in confidence with multiple concerns, not just those related to how he advertised FUE in comparison to FUSS/Strip.

After reviewing these concerns, we decided against presenting Dr. Bhatti for potential recommendation to the community.

I was however, recently contacted by Dr. Bhatti's associate "California" and did agree to revisit the possibility of presenting him for potential recommendation. However, in order to do so, we will need to revisit each privately expressed concern and see if and how they've been resolved.

Note that we take our recommendations seriously and only recommend those who we genuinely believe meet our high standards. Regarding Dr. Bhatti, we chose to err on the side of caution due to private and confidential feedback we received. In the event these issues can be resolved, we will once again consider him for potential recommendation.

Thanks for your understanding,

Bill

Thanks Bill for clearing that up concerning Dr Bhatti. Mask any feedback?

After more research i have found a few doctors that has experience with African type here:

1.Dr. Patrick Mwamba

2.Dr. Sanusi Umar

3.Dr. Glenn Charles

4.Dr. John Diep

5.Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Anyone has any feedback with these doctors? Thank you.

@Zedenka, I have been busy with work during the week. I hope you are doing well. Looking at you profile, you are 22 years of age. Are you sure doing HT?

I can speak only for Dr. John Diep from the above you mentioned doctors. I have seen, read, tracked Dr. Diep work close to a year now. He has provided consistent high quality results on African hair. I talked to him on the phone couple weeks ago, If you can manage the $price then hes more than perfectly fine. I have not decided yet, however Dr. Diep or Dr. Bhatti for right now. I will let you know if I change my mind by end of this year. Much luv

Edited by Mask

Bill,

That is nice to know that you are also impressed by Dr. Bhatti that would make two of us. I have found this furm to be an open and honest dialogue. So my question to you is “Can you share with us the multiple concern of the several leading physics recommended by this community towards Dr. Bhatti are?” What are those privately expressed concern?

I assume this Community is run by and for Patients should we know what those physics are saying...

Sorry for the late reply. Yes am 22 mask "Mask" am just researching right now and looking at my options hopefully in a few year time i will do the surgery.

I agree with "Mask". "Bill" can you share with us the concerns? Thank you.

I don't know guys, I'm half black and have hair that can both curl when long or lay straight flat and even spikes and I was told that FUE just wasn't an option. They all said "we'll try" but every time every single one of the doctors I talked to tried real hard to steer me toward FUT. The doctor that finally did the procedure actually tried a few test FUE's and said only 1 of 10 hairs made it and switched to FUT. I don't know if it comes down to a doctors skill level or not - but I would make damn sure your doctor is fully confident first.

@BlackAmish111 thanks on your input, and yes you are; it comes down to a doctor skill level. @Zedenka I e-mail Dr. Radha Palakurthi, she agrees to do 2500 FUE in 3 days. Here you have it.;) Let me know what you think

Cool Mask keep us posted - I wouldn't mind have my temps filled with a bit more density but don't want another scar so if I could find an FUE doc willing and able...

I think a red flag is when the doctor keeps trying to talk you out of it by saying "instead of 1 scar -you'll have thousands of little ones..." -yeah ok. I don't buy that for a second lol.

@BlackAmish111,I most def will.

I hear you, during my intensive research I have learned that you can only harvest an average of 1000 grafts by FUE method on African curly hair, give or take. However, there are days where they can harvest more specially if you are mixed race with Caucasian, Asian or other ethnicity with straight hair. The more mix you are with increasing chance of straighter hair roots, the more you can harvest. This is will be you as you are mix race (Half Black). Yours should be much easier. As you knw, all surgery result also may vary depending on the person's scalp, blood supply, diet, illness, stress, genetics, drugs, cigaretts alcohol.

2nd HT FUE sounds good, who is the doctor you looking at so far?

@Mask- Nice to get feedback finally from her but am a bit confused, in the next three days are you schedule to do 2500 FUE with her or she does 2500 FUE in a space of three days? Sorry for not understanding. lol. @BlackAmish111- I am really scared of FUT since i have my hair short, am sorry you couldn't find a doctor capable of doing FUE on you. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Remember, when you do your research also find out what the surgeon uses for techniques of harvesting. Its essential to know. There are all types different harvesting and tools surgeons utilize. Some of the harvesting techniques used for FUE are as follows; Manaula punches, Motorised tools, Artas, Neograft, choi implanter...etc. For instance, Dr. Radha uses motorized FUE tool. Motorized will allow the sergeon for faster extractions and more grafts in one setting than Manual for example. Manual technique can take longer, either technique its hard labor. So, you want limit FUE sessions to <800-1200 (depend what techniques off-course, our hair) grafts/day. This is for some obvious reasons out-of-body time grafts survival after many hours and fatigue of the surgeon just only some to mention.

Edited by Mask

Greay thread guys. Im also black, and had a bad first HT. Im also searching for finding a new surgeon for my second HT. I have talked to Dr.Diep and he seems pretty decent. As far as i have understood theres a limited amount of hair surgeons that do operations on black hair. My surgeon for instance was recommended by this forum and he did blew it pretty good in my case (which is something i will come back later to in my thread). It should be a separate recommendation thingy for blacks.