1200-1500 grafts enough ?

manish1990

If money is tight and you are not on finasteride (e.g. Finpecia), I'd think long and hard about doing it.

For 1500 grafts you might only get a small advancement in hairline and before you know it the hair behind has receded further back.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

If money is tight and you are not on finasteride (e.g. Finpecia), I'd think long and hard about doing it.

For 1500 grafts you might only get a small advancement in hairline and before you know it the hair behind has receded further back.

I echo that statement above.

I'd also add that hair transplant surgery is not for those with shallow wallets. If money is a big concern then you should NOT even debate this approach. I say this because you should only get a HT if you have had good success with finasteride (which is something you will have to pay out of pocket for your entire life) and you will also have to follow up in the future for additional hair transplants to fill in areas or to just keep up with hair loss. It is not a one shot deal for the majority of people that go down this path.

Money is a factor in the sense that you don't want to go to doctors who price themselves out of the market (generally a red flag), however you don't want to get less then desired grafts just because funds are tight.

I'd take a big step back if I was you. Respectfully, I think your approach to this topic is misinformed. But you are in the right place and doing your research so keep it up and just read as much information as you can. Besides, your hair looks great man!

thanks for the reply guys, for now yes money is a concern as me being a CMA ( cost and management accountant ) student but in near future i believe ,i will be doing quite good ,and about " finasteride (e.g. Finpecia)" i can easily afford it now but for that i do need prescription right ?

actually my hair line has shattered my confidence so i was hoping to get 1200-1500 grafts done now and next major HT with about 2000+ grafts after 1 -1.5yrs

btw i m currently using Minoxil 5g foam and nizoral

Edited by manish1990

dr bhatti charges 1$per graft and anyway if you see most of the people with advance baldness need two to three session

i would say you should give a shot as you can start with frontscalp and then you can go for midscalp and vertex depending on how your baldness progress

Hair is confidene and it boos your self esteem too

right........ 1500 - 2000 will be enough.......r u from india ????

seems expensive, please consult others also before going for it.............

yes i m from india ,bhubaneswar

Dr bhatti said it will cost me around 74rs per graft + taxes