Did any of you NOT loose your initial grafts

I'm told that as few as 5-10% of patients never loose there initial grafts, and get lucky that the implanted grafts simply continue to grow. Not one to believe in luck or simply genetics, I wonder if there was some underlying reason as to why this was the case.

If you were one of the lucky people that did manage to escape the fall out period before regrowth. Is there anything out of the ordinary that you did that you think might have made the difference?

Chris.

I've heard nearly the same figure, however I'm not sure I buy it. I've never seen or heard of anyone who didn't shed their grafts. Maybe one of the reps have seen a case like this and can chime in, but I doubt it.

From time to time, patients do report that the majority of the transplanted hairs do not she but rather continue to grow from the start. I've received a number of emails over the years from guys who have experienced this phenomenon and were worried that it was a bad sign.

I'm not aware of any actions that one could take to cause this to happen and I don't know why it might happen for some guys but, if it does, there's nothing wrong and I always tell people to count themselves lucky that it did.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

There's a blonde haired guy on dr Feriduni s patient list that's on here who was shown at 5 or 6 months with great results for that early stage and dr Feriduni states that his grafts didn't shed and just grew!! Also a guy called rich tea from a different site but was shown on here as a bisanga patient by the rep didn't state this but by his results I'd say that was the case as he never seemed to loose it, and by 3 months it was graded to a 3 guard and seemed almost even with the rest!!! Lucky b******s I'd say!!!

You shouldn't lose any grafts at all, however, people do shed differently.

I would say i was quite lucky an shed approximately 50% of my transplanted hairs but have heard of others who shed 90%

The company that did my HT now give patients PRP injections and when i was back out there for a different procedure, i asked them about it (as i'm interested in learning abotu the developments) and they said that not only does the PRP reduce healing time, but also seems to reduce the number of transplanted hairs that shed.

I think we'll be seeing more and more patients hodling on to to higher percentages of the transplanted hairs. :cool:

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Thanks s2thoudriver, yes I was referring to shedding not graft loss.

So the overwhelming outcome is that the people who dont experience shedding are a bunch of lucky b******s :). Not quite what I had hoped for, I guess the only thing I can hold on to is that I was never one of those who expereinced a shed when using minox, so fingeres crossed :-).

Thanks for your responses.

Chris.

I recently had PRP administered at the end of my ht, and many of my grafts have shed in the 6 weeks since. I know that PRP can aid in the healing process but I had not read that it could aid the possibility of retaining the transplanted hairs.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Whether the hair shafts (not the grafts themselves) shed initially is only a brief cosmetic effect in the early stages.

Not really something to worry about as they are supposed to shed anyway, and in cases where they don't shed or grow, most doctors will say you are "babying them" too much and to be more aggressive in the shower.

Would be nice if they grew uninterrupted from the start of course, but that's not how it works in most cases.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Would be nice if they grew uninterrupted from the start of course, but that's not how it works in most cases.

I guess thats what I was trying to get to the bottom of. I'm not too concerned about the initial shed, I'm just one of those people who think that is X percent of people are seeing different results from the majority is there a reason for this other than blind luck or genetics.

Saying something like "thats just the way it works" might not actually be true.

Again, I'm not too concerned about the shed, and I do appreciate the comments. Its just my curious mind at work, and if anyone else did not shed it would be interesting to see if they did anything out of the ordinary.