advice for fue

apples13

hey im a 35 year old guy with receding hair line, always wearing hats to cover it, insecure etc etc, looking at getting fue, i live in perth australia and the closest is sydney to get it done, or was thinking thailand ? anyone had fue done, what do you think etc?

thanks

dann

In my opinion, the most important thing when considering FUE, or any method for that matter, is that you are 100 % comfortable with the clinic you have chosen in terms of their experience, posted results, ethics, patient care post op among others.

With FUE, there are fewer docs globally performing top drawer work than there are with FUT (at least from what I have seen). I'd highly recommend you choose a clinic based on the criteria I've mentioned, and even though it may be difficult, try not to let geography dictate.

There are quite a few Ozzie lads who have done this and have posted their experiences when either in Europe or North America.

Oh, and I had an FUE procedure 2 weeks ago myself.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Well I can comment on my procedure.....I'll be able to comment on results in 12 months! :)

Happy with procedure though........I've detailed it in and the link is in my sig if you want to check it out.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

apples, don't limit yourself to Oz (or any one locale for that matter). Hair transplants in general are not something to jump in half-cocked. This is especially so when considering FUE, as it takes a certain level of artistry and skill, which not many have truly mastered yet. The most awesome results are happening around the Eurozone(Belgium,Spain/UK) and parts of the Mid-East(Turkey). IMHO.

Though I do have to admit North America/India has seen some decent FUE results, but not with the yield and scale of the above stated regions.

Apples,

Are you open to travel? This will greatly increase your FUE options.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Apples,

You already know Aus is a backwater for not only FUE but HT in general. The fueworld cup this year is being played between Turkey and Belgium . I know the extra 8 hours is a royal pain, but consider that FUE in theland of smiles still results in a smiley scar ad although Dr Vong is there in Bangkok, there is not the scores on the board yet.

Ironiically, a certain banned doc in Sydney may be viable, but who knows??

Stay away from the FUE surgeon in Sydney, I would go into further detail but he just does not present the results and skills that are found in Turkey, Belgium and the UK. Dr Erdogan and Hakan charge 2.5EURO and 2EURO respectively and are among THE BEST FUE surgeons in the whole world. That is cheaper than some North American strip doctors!

Dr Erdogan and Hakan charge 2.5EURO and 2EURO respectively and are among THE BEST FUE surgeons in the whole world. !

Strip guys like H & W charge more to put a line across the back of your head that say I've had an HT but propecia failed me.

• 2 weeks later...