Hair from another man (donor)

cloudy

This is just in theory question.

Lets say you are not able to transplant more hairs from your donor zone. You don't have sufficient hairs on your body or beard. So, practically, you're done :)

But you have a friend or there is a person with same blood type and similar hair color, structure who is willing to give you his hair for money or not. It doesn't matter.

Would it be possible to transplant hair from other person to your scalp if blood type is same? :)

Just wondering.

Because your immune system will attack the foreign hair. The only way it would work is if you got on immunosuppression drugs which have very serious side effects and are only used for life saving transplants, no doctor could ever prescribe you those drugs for cosmetic surgery not to mention they cost about $12,000 a year. It would be the exact same process as transplanting a heart or kidney, it's much more involved than blood type.

Because your immune system will attack the foreign hair. The only way it would work is if you got on immunosuppression drugs which have very serious side effects and are only used for life saving transplants, no doctor could ever prescribe you those drugs for cosmetic surgery not to mention they cost about $12,000 a year. It would be the exact same process as transplanting a heart or kidney, it's much more involved than blood type.

Greajob is correct. I have seen it with identical twins after one lost hair due to radiation from cancer treatment though. If this were possible I think that there would be a great market for people who were not DHT sensitive.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Organ transplantation is much more than blood type. It's a very complicated business that requires a lot of testing to make sure organs won't be rejected by the immune system. If you had a twin brother, you could probably do it, other than that, it won't happen.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

A lot of transplantation has to do with your unique set of major histocompatibility complexes (MHC).

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily