Need Advice for a 27 year old, transplant OR replacement? (With pictures)

Hello, I am a 27 year old male, going bald for over 7 years now. Its genetic my father and elder brother are bald. I want my hair back, for that I have two options

- Hair Transplant

OR

- Hair replacement OR what you call a hair piece

I need sound advice in this regard, my goal is to achieve a good look, I dont mind letting ppl notice that I have had a transplant, while with the hair piece I may have a problem if people regularly ask me about it.

Also if possible I am getting body hair transplanted to my scalp so that I can preserve hair at the back of my head for a later surgery or just for the thick haired look at back.

Also point me to the possible pros and cons of both methods so I can take a well informed decision.

Thanking you in advance, forever grateful for your advice(s)

AK

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

Okay, first of all. Welcome to the forum.

Now, here comes the fun. Get on hair loss drugs such as finasteride/propecia (finasteride is the active ingredient and propecia is the name brand). Finasteride is significantly cheaper but you will have to cut the 5mg tablets into quarters, daily. Also invest in either generic Rogaine/name brand Rogaine liquid or foam. Obviously generic is cheaper.

Also, you are going to want to avoid using body hair as your primary attack towards surgery because it has an overall cosmetically inferior look. Hairs, once transplanted, retain their characteristics from where they were extracted. That being said, you obviously aren't going to want a lot of leg hair growing on your head and you, nor chest hair. The most similar hair to scalp hair is beard hair. But as previously stated, you're going to want to hold off on that until you have exhausted your scalp hair.

Now, here's where your work comes in. You need to search for a doctor that you will be able to work with. One of the biggest mistakes when people are new to the field is the jump in to a doctor that gives them a good price and is local. That's one of the biggest mistakes that you can make. You may be stuck with somebody who isn't primarily a hair restoration surgeon. Don't let money or location be a deciding factor!! Here is a good place to get started on your search. Hair Transplant Network - Find Hair Transplant Clinics and Doctors here you will be able to find doctors and see results they have put out. Once you have found a few that you like, consult with them. Keep in mind that you are fairly young and you will probably lose all of your hair if you don't get on drugs to stop it. You're going to have to take a very conservative approach in your hair restoration surgery if you are indeed a candidate.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

First of all thank you

Nick153452 and KO for replying... I am from India indeed.

I want to avoid daily drugs and applying solutions, it is one of the main reasons for me to go for transplant, do I have to take pills after transplant or is that kind of optional to keep my remaining hair intact?

Nick your point about finding a good doctor and not one which is cost effective or closer to home is a very good one. I ll base me search of a good doctor on that.

One more thing I d like to add is that I just want hair for the next 5 or so years (sounds silly i know).. After that I wont really have any problem keeping myself bald or with really short hair... For that reason I do not want to sacrifice my beard hair. I picture myself keeping a kick ass bald biker look :P

Could you also tell me something about hair pieces, I really want to consider that option too...

Also, you are going to want to avoid using body hair as your primary attack towards surgery because it has an overall cosmetically inferior look. Hairs, once transplanted, retain their characteristics from where they were extracted. That being said, you obviously aren't going to want a lot of leg hair growing on your head and you, nor chest hair. The most similar hair to scalp hair is beard hair. But as previously stated, you're going to want to hold off on that until you have exhausted your scalp hair.

Not to hijack the thread but my question might also help the OP.

Umm I'm in talking with Dr.Hakan for FUE, and my possible work is 3000 donor and 1000 beard, this is what I suggested since I thought saving some donor hair for later would be beneficial.

But here I see you mentioned that using all the donor hair first is the way and leaving beard hair for future transplants.

Which is more beneficial?

First of all thank you

Nick153452 and KO for replying... I am from India indeed.

I want to avoid daily drugs and applying solutions, it is one of the main reasons for me to go for transplant, do I have to take pills after transplant or is that kind of optional to keep my remaining hair intact?

Nick your point about finding a good doctor and not one which is cost effective or closer to home is a very good one. I ll base me search of a good doctor on that.

One more thing I d like to add is that I just want hair for the next 5 or so years (sounds silly i know).. After that I wont really have any problem keeping myself bald or with really short hair... For that reason I do not want to sacrifice my beard hair. I picture myself keeping a kick ass bald biker look :P

Could you also tell me something about hair pieces, I really want to consider that option too...

You have a couple of good doctors in India and Dr. Path isn't too incredibly far away.

About hair pieces? I'm not too sure, I think some people like them, others don't. They do get a bit expensive for a good one though and require monthly maintenance

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 4 months later...

Hello all, this thread is a little old I know, but I need a little more info about transplants before I take that leap of faith.

Can anyone shed some light on what is the usual maintenance or after care that is required after a transplant session, in terms of lotions, medicines or any other stuff that is needed.. and how long do I need to do that cuz I hate taking medicines for long courses...

Thank you in advance... :)

dr bhatti charges 1$ per graft . I would say look into turkey doctors they give same price and some even less

their are lot lot of doctors in turkey and they are giving good results at very good price

flight from india to turkey very cheap book in advance 8weeks you get round trip in 500$