Round 2 "Cant Decide" is done

Thank you for the write up. It sucks not getting the number of grafts you were hoping for, but you have a great perspective about it all and your result will only confirm the great choice you made in docs. I know as I wanted 4500+ and got a little over 4300 and was a little disappointed at the time--but my result turned out fantastic and the number doesn't mean much when you look at the result. I am sure Rahal got out exactly what was needed for you for the best recovery and result.

Keep us posted!! Your NW6 days are long gone.....

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks HGN.

EMAN - Thanks, your feedback has always been valuable to me.

When I look at the first preop pic (Before any work at all was done) that I posted here and then the second with the Berret in my hair, I realize how far I have come. I look like the goalie for the Italian national soccer team in that pic (Not quite LOL :))

I am looking for this latest procedure to clean up my side profiles, shrink the crown somewhat and add modest density in the middle and I will be a happy man.

Have not looked in the mirror for a week except to put my Vitamin E oil on and it makes things sooooo much easier. Spex is right, get rid of all of your mirrors. It makes things infinitely better.....

Thanks Again

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I agree. Looking too much really slows things down. I don't think that 4000 was a pipe dream. Lots of people are able to pull out 9K from Hasson and Wong, but specifically for you it may have been too much, Maybe your density really dropped after your first procedure.

The bottom line is that you are miles and miles from where you started. You also have good characteristics which is apparent based on your excellent results of 5200 grafts. I dont think most NW6's look as good as you did after that many grafts. You are at almost 8000 grafts and if I have that many I will be pretty happy. If I do progress I will need every bit of them because my hairline probably 2 cm lower. If I go bald bald I will look to shrink the bald crown instead of eliminate and use what I have to add more density to the front. I saw a gentleman this weekend with a nice hairline that was fairly low, a little higher than mine that had a thin head of hair everywhere else, It discouraged me a little because if his hairline was a little higher you never would have been able to tell he had a transplant. It was very refined and I could tell that a top doctor had done it but I didn't want to ask. 95 out of 100 people would have no idea, but I could tell. I guess my point is, with the height of your hairline, you really should not have anything to worry about. That many grafts should do you just fine. In your case, because yo had such little hair, as long as your sides and back dont drop, you should actually look better with age, because a higher and higher percentage of your peers will have thinning hair.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker. Dr. Rahal does think I have 2000 still in the tank either by small strip and then FUE or all by FUE. However, I dont plan on using them unless I must well into the future.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452