21 and prescribed with fin/minox/retna.

Early20mpb

Hello,

I have thinning hair problem and bald spot on top (vertex). My doctor have prescribed me

Finpecia

Rogaine

Retin a

But I dont want to commit to this life long treatment. Or if i dont have any other option i'd like it to be as much hassle free and cost effective as possible. I am happy with what i have BUT want those bald spots to be gone.

What should i do. Thank you.

I am 21 75kgs 5'8

It doesn't have to be lifelong. Maybe in 5-10 years you wont care.....or maybe it just wont work.

I've been on these treatments for years with a lot of success, it's become as routine for me as brushing my teeth or washing. Don't over play the lifelong commitment part.......we do a lot of things daily.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks for the Reply.

I have decided to Go with JUST FIN first as I am going abroad for college and rogain will be hard to maintain.

I hope it maintains what I have right now. As per my research Fin alone can promote regrowth. If that happens I wont be needing Rogain at all.

I hate my hair when its wet. May be fin alone can fix that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i had a HT recently, and have been advised to take finasteride medicine. I am 24

What are the side effects you are taking about. Doctor said me not everyone gets affected by those side effect.is it true?

What are the side effects? can u elaborate?

I begged my GP to prescribe me finasteride when I was 21 even though I didn't really have a shedding problem - but I knew my dad did! So I just wanted to be proactive and protect my hair from DHT.

These days (proscar) is cheap as chips in most countries. I regard it as a mere supplement. Never had ANY sides and never noticed any impact on my sex drive/performance.

When my dad was 30 he was def NW 2 or 3. I'm still NW 1, I just have a natural wonky hairline which I want to get fixed.

I also choose to start fin and not bother with the hassle of rogain due to my sleeping at friends houses and camping and just being unpredictable like most young people. If I was older and had a routine and wife and kids I would definitely be on rogain aswell.

I have stopped fin for 3 months before and it was a bad mistake. Hairloss in that 3 months was not only noticeable but at very high speed. But since starting again I have managed to stop the hairloss but at this stage it hasn't got back to where it was when I stopped which is sad because when I stopped I had noticed a pretty decent amount of regrowth from being on fin. It has got a lot better though. So in saying that start fin get through the shredding and stick it out and you should be pretty happy after about 6 months.

As for the side effects I noticed very slight erection problems in the first few months and a little testicular pain but after a few months they went away. Sperm was noticeably more watery by a lot. But I have figured out a handful of pumpkin seeds a day completely changes that. Like any drug it effects your body and the best way to have the most beneficial results are to be healthy and eat healthy.

• 2 weeks later...
I also choose to start fin and not bother with the hassle of rogain due to my sleeping at friends houses and camping and just being unpredictable like most young people. If I was older and had a routine and wife and kids I would definitely be on rogain aswell.

I have stopped fin for 3 months before and it was a bad mistake. Hairloss in that 3 months was not only noticeable but at very high speed. But since starting again I have managed to stop the hairloss but at this stage it hasn't got back to where it was when I stopped which is sad because when I stopped I had noticed a pretty decent amount of regrowth from being on fin. It has got a lot better though. So in saying that start fin get through the shredding and stick it out and you should be pretty happy after about 6 months.

As for the side effects I noticed very slight erection problems in the first few months and a little testicular pain but after a few months they went away. Sperm was noticeably more watery by a lot. But I have figured out a handful of pumpkin seeds a day completely changes that. Like any drug it effects your body and the best way to have the most beneficial results are to be healthy and eat healthy.

why can't you do minoxidil whenver you can does it have to b every single day or else it won't work?

I travel alot. Sleep on couches. Go camping. For weeks at a time. From my understanding minox has to be used pretty frequently. I just couldn't commit to it properly at this stage in my life and wouldn't want to carry it around with me everywhere I go. Later in life I may decide to use it.

• 2 weeks later...