Hi, I'm brand new to the forum. I received a transplant from dr konior this past wensday. He was great along with his staff! I was receding and had some thinking in the front.

Last night I woke up to find myself "itching" the front area of the transplant. I stopped immediately. But this morning it looked red where I had itched it. Bit it looks like the hairs are still in place. Is this common and should the graphs be ok?

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. If you didn't see any blood you probably don't have anything to worry about. Check with Dr K all the same.

How big was your procedure? Will you be posting your pics? Always great to see Koniors work.

Hi, I had a transplant three days ago. Today was the first day I washed my hair a d grafts. I just started to notice areas where the grafts may have fallen out. I don't know if its from the minor swelling I have or what. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Looks a little redder than the other Konior post op pics I have seen. Check with him ASAP.

You are safe after 10 days post op, but you are still less than that so take it seriously and contact him.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

This is an interesting study btw.

Graft Anchoring in Hair Transplantation

Graft Anchoring in Hair Transplantation: Hair Restoration Surgery Publications | Bernstein Medical

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for the response. I checked with him. Dr said it all looks good. He responds very fast if you ask him a question. Makes you feel a ton better. Going in Monday to have staples removed so fingers crossed on how it's going. This morning the graphs looks better will post a pic. Any comments would be great. Thanks for that link very interesting.

Looks great.

When you say you 'lost a few grafts' I guess you meant hairs(?) You can definately see where they have started to shed.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the reply. Went to see Dr K yesterday to have staples removed. Said the hair were just separated from bring dry. They look great wet! Lol. Dr K and his entire staff are great!

Cheers