Can't Decide

Hi all, i have been a lurker for a while now so thought I'd make my own post. First of all I think this forum is amazing, a wealth of very helpful information chock full of very helpful, caring people who seem to treat others like a brother, kind of like 'we are all in this together'. I did not realise how many people felt exactly like me about hairloss, I thought people just accepted it, some more than others.

Me? i am a typical case of the emotional effects due to hairloss. I have tried to disguise it for years. It has changed me as a person, less outgoing and paranoid people are looking, so iv finally decided to do something about it. I had a consultation with UK Hair transplant clinic who featured on a bbc documentary, so i thought they must be good but my gut told me something wasn't right, too 'salesmany'. I just generally didn't like his attitude either. So when i got home I tried to find info on the Internet but couldn't find anything then i eventually found a post which lead me to this forum and I'm so glad I did, I guess my gut was right.

This forum has opened a whole new world for me and I cannot thank everyone enough, I feel iv dodged a bullet. ANYWAY, enough about me.

After non stop researching and reading post after post etc, I have decided between two dr's, both in turkey. Dr Hakan Dognany and Dr ekran Demisroy. I have been in constant contact with Dr Hakan's clinic, very friendly, his results Look great and my gut says him but Demisroy also seems fantastic plus he is half the price. I have been in contact with Dr Demisroy clinic but only last couple of days. The thing is I'm torn between the 2. Can anyone give me any advice etc. Demisroy is 1 euro and Hackan is 2 euro so price difference is huge but both seem to produce fantastic results.

Hakan estimated I would need 2500 grafts and Demisroy estimates 2800-3100 grafts, IMO I think 2800-3100 is more accurate for what I want judging what others have had....UK one said I needed 1600!!!

Any advice please :)

Hi Jon-

Welcome to the forums buddy, and nice words from you for the members and the forum in general. Thanks for that.....you are definitely correct in saying that this site is a bit of a brotherhood (and sisterhood) for most of us.....and we do all recognize that "we are in this together"!!

I can't say that I know too much about Dr. Demisroy....but maybe someone else with some experience with this physician will chime in?! As far as Dr. Doganay goes.....I am a HUGE fan of his work....and would absolutely recommend him if I were having a procedure done in Turkey!! You can browse these forums and find many posts of satisfied patients.....and his "after" results definitely back up the accolades.

Also, just because Dr. Doganay is suggesting 2500 grafts, doesn't mean he can't (or won't) try to obtain more. It is really difficult to assess the state of loss via an online consultation.....so I'm sure if you were wanting to shoot for more (provided you have an appropriate donor/laxity) it could certainly be an option for you.

As far as the price is concerned, 2 Euros is a BARGAIN for the work Dr. Doganay produces. So don't fret too much about price. A lot of cases of "Bad Transplants" have surfaced because of people who assigned too much value to the "price". Again, I'm not saying anything negative about the other physician (I don't know anything about him).......just make sure you do your research thoroughly before you make the leap. That is the most sound advice anyone on these forums could give you!!

With that said, excited for you that you are ready to make a positive difference. I am 8 months post-op myself, and feel like I was given a second lease on life! I feel like a new man!! It sounds like your intuition is good, and I'm sure that "gut feeling" of yours will help steer you in the right direction.

And as you mentioned yourself, this forum is an excellent resource for support/advice....so definitely reach out to any of us at anytime; and keep us informed of whatever it is you choose to do. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you in the future, as you continue on your restoration journey!

Best,

Mike

Edited by agenteye

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

P.S.- I do think your decision to steer clear of the UK clinic was a good choice!! I'm sure Spex (The Hair Master/Guru of these forums) would have steered you in the right direction; but as a whole, it seems like some of the most unhappy patients are the ones who chose the "wrong" clinic in the UK!! There are so many other available resources for you in your part of the World.......and some of the best results are coming out of Europe and the Middle East right now! You'll find the right fit for you!!

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Jon,

Welcome to the forums!

Because Dr. Doganay has been reviewed and approved for recommendation by our community, I'm familiar with his work and know he's excellent!

Please feel free to ask any additional questions! Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I've heard great things about Demisroy, although I haven't seen much of his work. I am a huge fan of Dr. Doganay, and he is also, in my opinion, the best FUE surgeon in the world for the price. Dr Erdogan has a great reputation too, but his prices are a little higher than Doganay.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Thanks for your replies, Hakan certainly has some fans on here which is great, his prices are fantastic. i would like to hear from some of demisroys patients but perhaps they do not visit this part of the forum. Clemens weber who has been emailing me about Demisroy said that he only does one patient a day to maximise concentration etc with a max of 3500 grafts. I think that is a good trait

Hi pal,

Welcome to the forum, both are great Docs and produce impressive work, however i have seen much more of Hakans work, in fact i spent a week at Hakans clinic looking at results and having general discussions about HT procedures and highly recommend the guy as he really is talented and up there with the best in my opinion and for 2 euro per graft!

Good luck with your research

Clemens weber who has been emailing me about Demisroy said that he only does one patient a day to maximise concentration etc with a max of 3500 grafts. I think that is a good trait

To be honest with you, I think this should be the standard for all hair restoration surgeons, and should be a criteria for a patient to choose their physician on these grounds. I personally wouldn't want to go to an "assembly line" clinic! I think that since we as patients are paying good money for an (expected) outstanding result, the physician should give us the time (that we spent said money for) to focus just on us, for a more precise result/outcome! The only exception to this rule, in my honest opinion, would be if the physician were doing a couple 1500 or less graft procedures in a day.....as I think this (at least with FUSS) could be done in two, half-day sessions!! Just my .02........

Yes, I agree Agenteye. I have no problems with a surgeon having multiple clients a day provided that they are capable of giving both world class work. To be honest, the surgeons work mostly includes incisions and extraction of donor. The rest of the work in FUSS surgery is tech work. Who is to say that, while the techs are dissecting grafts and placing grafts, the doctor can't go work on another patient (if they are talented enough to do it).

FUE, however, I think one client a day is essential. Surgeon skill is MUCH more important in FUE, imo and he should be involved A through Z.

However, I don't really know of any respectable surgeons who take more than one person a day. Maybe I'm wrong??

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily