5 days post op question (probably worrying)

Hello all, I am 5 days post op and I have a few questions with a picture below:

1. Does everything look fine so far?

2. Am I right in believing that where I can't see hair but there is a scab, there is hair underneath it?

3. I found 2 hairs stuck together in white liquid, the bottoms weren't hook shaped nor was there blood, did I lose a graft?

Additional info: Procedure was done with Dr. Doganay in Antalya, Turkey. 2000 grafts in the front only.

IMG_0264.jpg.2c83390f0ce2806bc484e1ea36f8c397.jpg

You're doing just fine. When you get to 10-12 days post-op, the crusts are ready to come off unless you heal more slower.

But from the photo, you appear right on course! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The hook-shaped hairs are very normal......and indicate (when they shed) the hairs that were transplanted!!! Everything is right on track!!! You'll have some pretty exciting things to look forward to in three months. Congratulations on your procedure, and happy growing!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

The hook-shaped hairs are very normal......and indicate (when they shed) the hairs that were transplanted!!! Everything is right on track!!! You'll have some pretty exciting things to look forward to in three months. Congratulations on your procedure, and happy growing!

Mike

Thanks mate :) good to know it's going fine. Thank God for this forum and its members.

Mike

Hi mate. Were all or the majority of your hairs hook hairs? I had quite a few hook looking ones but a lot were just normal hairs, others with bulbs at the end. All sorts really. I didn't really analyse it at the time but now wondering if there should've been more hook/ transplant ones on my pillow! .... I'm prob also just having one of those doldrums moments where you worry about everything... :eek: ha

Hi mate. Were all or the majority of your hairs hook hairs? I had quite a few hook looking ones but a lot were just normal hairs, others with bulbs at the end. All sorts really. I didn't really analyse it at the time but now wondering if there should've been more hook/ transplant ones on my pillow! .... I'm prob also just having one of those doldrums moments where you worry about everything... :eek: ha

I only saw one hook shaped and that was from gently massaging the scabs off. I'm sure you were/are fine and you're supposed to see a mixture. Don't sweat it, you'll be fine :)

Haha!! NO NO, don't do that pal! I certainly don't think that there is any "set pattern" for it.....and I have heard of plenty of other people who shed without their hairs "hooking". I think it is just very different for every patient! Plus, I am Italian and have a very strong (stubborn) head! I'm sure Dr. Rahal had to just push a little bit harder to get those suckers in my dome! LOL!!! :rolleyes::D

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Haha cheers guys. It's amazing no matter how much research you've done, been through it before etc how easy is it to over-analyse things when you're just waiting for things to happen. Roll on the next 6 months...

It's just some scabbing attached to the hairs. Def nothing to worry about.

In fact (feeling a bit more rationale today) I've never seen any correlation in how the hair sheds and good/ bad results. And grafts don't just fall out of your head. With the exception of the vastly ridiculous perhaps (injury/ trauma to your scalp), what happened on the day of your surgery will determine the success of your HT, not so much the countless things we fret over in the weeks that follow.