Had HT yesterday - when can I use Rogaine again?

Hey everyone - I'm new to this community and glad to say I had my procedure yesterday at True & Dorin in NYC! :)

I had a quick question regarding Rogaine. I've been using it for the past 8 years, and it has done a good job of maintaining hair. Obviously, with the HT, I can not use it now, and it's really worrying me because I know that when you stop using Rogaine for a while, there can be quite a shed and I'm afraid it will cause me to lose hair.

My question is, how long should I stay off it before I can start up again? 1 week? 2 weeks? Any advice would be useful :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip! As I said, I'm really worried that being 2 weeks off Rogaine will ruin a lot of what I've done over the past 8 years. Is there any truth to this? I don't want to have new hair only to ruin the hair I've been maintaining for the past 8 years - kind of like two steps forward, one step back.

My question is, how long should I stay off it before I can start up again? 1 week? 2 weeks? Any advice would be useful :)

Thanks!

My Dr says 1 week post op but check with T&D.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the tip! As I said, I'm really worried that being 2 weeks off Rogaine will ruin a lot of what I've done over the past 8 years. Is there any truth to this? I don't want to have new hair only to ruin the hair I've been maintaining for the past 8 years - kind of like two steps forward, one step back.

Are you on Fin as well? Regardless, two weeks off minox won't make that much difference.

I started using Minox foam again a week after my HT, though I was careful not to get it into the donor OR transplanted areas of my scalp - like you, I was nervous that being off it too long would lead to more shedding, and I rationalized that since I had originally only been applying it to my thinning crown area and not any areas touched by the surgery itself, I was probably fine. So far, so good - I haven't noticed any additional issues cropping up in the month since my HT. Obviously, your situation and results may vary considerably. :)

It really depends on whether your intentions are to apply it to an area that is not the recipient or donor area.

If you are trying to jump start your grafts, then you want to make sure that the recipient area is fully healed with all scabs/crusting gone.

Congrats on your procedure! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You should have already had to go off minox for a period of 2 weeks-1 month prior to your surgery. Did you not stop prior to your procedure? I wouldn't worry too much, I was off it for a month prior to my transplant, plus the two weeks post op and didn't notice much of a change.