Brave or Stupid?

Hello All, :)

I have recently booked a HT with Dr Feriduni for January 2014, earliest appointment i could get, (i assume thats a good sign) i am extremly worried about the varying levels of success which people seem to share on this forum and weather it will be worth it?

After alot of reasearch (8 months) i have decided on Dr. F, whats your opinion? Good / Bad?

I am going in for 1800 FUE to the frontal hairline however not sure this will give me the restoration i am looking for when it comes to hairline and density, i am currently a NW 3, what are your thoughts, many people seem to have to go back in for a second HT a few years after there first, not something i would like to do if i can avoid it.

I am currently on 1 mg Finasteride / day, minox ( twice daily) and Nongen shampoo 3 times a week. I have only been on this regime for a few months however by the time the surgery takes place i will have been on it for nearly a year therefore hopefully any further hairloss will have stabilised, therefore allowing the Doctor to make the correct transplants in the right areas.

My real concern is the post op recovery process, i have managed to get 5 weeks off work, (i work in a office) however i would like to return to work without anyone really noticing as i will have been off work for a while. My concern is the post op redness and signs however a good tip would appear to be distilled which hazel, (thanks spex) any others?

So to summarise i would really appreciate any suggestions, tips or feedback on;

Doctor Feriduni.

Post op time off and recovery / signs, how best to hide these. (after 4.5 to 5 weeks)

Current non surgical hair treatment regime.

The amount of FUE hair graphs being done, i.e. is this enough?

Your help would be real apprecited.

Regards,

Olly. :)

5b32d986a20bc_Front(Exposed).jpg.c3d238ab30835cd07b946140e19f3503.jpg

You're at a good age to get an HT. How does your crown look?

Brave or stupid? Well, that is something only time can tell, but I think that it is pretty brave when an educated patient goes for what he wants.

I have seen some really good results from Dr. F, but like any surgeon and procedure, nothing is guaranteed.

I think that 1800 grafts could be a little light. I have close to your same pattern, but I still had hair hair there, where you have none, and I had 2100 grafts.

I did the figures at one time and basically, an area the size of an IPhone will give you 50 percent density @ 3200 grafts.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker,

I have no hair loss at the crown currently. I am 35 years old.

Do you reccommend i increase the amount of graphs to around 2200? if so what kind of density would this provide.

I am thinking if it only yields a 50% density then it may not be worth it.

Olly.

Hey Olly,

Yeah i agree that 1,800 looks a little light. I had 2,093 grafts with Dr. Bisanga in Feb this year and I have similar loss to you. Still very much in the growth phase so still awaiting the results. I was between Feriduni and Bisanga as both have excellent reputations. Simply went for Bisanga as he is slightly cheaper.

With regards time off, i reckon 5 weeks is plenty. I only took off 11 days and while it was obvious that something happened to my head, i made up a story about an infection which seemed to work. I know that after 5 weeks nobody would have noticed a thing in the recipient area. However, i was unfortunate enough to suffer from shock loss in the donor which is only getting back to normal now. But by all accounts its a very rare thing.

Oh and to answer your question, i think it's a brave decision to something about a problem that impacts your life daily. If a second procedure is needed down the road so be it. But i was fed up looking in the mirror and hating my hairline!!

Thanks,

Thats really helpful, yeah suppose i could say i have got a real bad reaction to some new shampoo or have Serb Derm on the scalp or something, it all helps.

I have asked if i can increase to 2200 graphs in order to get as dense growth as possible to match exsisting native hair, hopefully Dr. F will deal with my concerns.

Is there anything, wonder medicines, that nutrilises the redeness etc. and speeds up the healing process?

Any suggestions?

Olly.

Hi mate, iv just had fue with dr Feriduni, I was given an 1800 estimate and had your concerns, but on the day he implanted 2134 or around that figure, if you look at his website most of the examples show that the plan of numbers of fus are lower than he actually plants!!! He's a great guy, and a fantastic choice!! I'm 4 months out now, any questions feel free to message me or if your from the uk and want a chat send me your number and ill be happy to have a chat!!

Just try to remain stress free as possible.

You are more prove to redness than I was because you have a lighter skin tone. Not sure that there is much to do. I always say to follow the doctors instructions. While you will find many knowledgeable people online, there is no replacement for the Dr's instructions. You chose him, you should trust him.

I think I have some photos of me about 2 weeks post of on my thread. I grew out my hair pretty long and was about to let my hair fall forward over the transplanted area. No one said anything and I don't think they noticed. I would find out if the Dr could work with you and shave as little as possible and a comb forward may work just fine. You have plenty of time to grow it out. Your donor will be shaved, but five weeks is enough time for that to heal well assuming that you do not have a lot of shock loss.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.