gonna buzz it down next month

hey there, really posting this topic for all the posts I read about how visible a fut scar will be for people considering it. Had 2 ht starting at the age of 22 and again at 26 all in the front. Don't ask me how many grafts cuz I don't know as I really rushed into it. Im 32 now and my hair is starting to thin around the transplanted hair and I think looking unnatural. I use dermatch everyday to add some fullness and I must say that product works wonders. Although it is a bit tiresome putting it on everyday and always in the back of your mind if anyone is going to question you. That's my basic history. Now onto my post for today, next month I will have a month off work and Im going to start with a guard 4 and go to 3 then 2 and see how bad my scar looks with short hair to see if I could just live with the scar or have to look into having it repaired. I wear my hair pretty short on the side now and don't ever really see it, although I know it goes ear to ear. I wil update this post with pics so anyone considering the fut procedure will have an idea of what you have to live with the rest of your life. Not knocking the procedure but like I said I rushed into in and probably should have taken some time.

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

Good luck harbourfront, I must say that is an interesting name.

Going for the buzz cut at your stage, depending on how your hair and skin are, can be a challenge. Doing it can be a real, pardon the lame pun, buzz..On the negative side , as far as density on top is concerned, once the illusion of hair is shattered, sometimes, when the hair is cut very short, and the lights are bright, the transplanted zone can almost vanish and you are left with native horseshoe. At least that is how I have felt at times. It is a constant struggle for me to let it grow when it is so lame and thin and I regularly succumb to the buzz.

If it gets diabolical like that, hair bleach can be a friend, even for a few weeks.

As for the scar, go carefully.

Finally, I am also led to believe, that if you use scissors in top and buzz the other bits, it might be softer for the HT hair's resultant look.

Anyway, good luck..It will be a refreshing change at least for a while, if not permanently.

• 4 weeks later...

as promised here is my hair shaved down to a grade 2. Pictures taken in my bathroom with very bright overhead lighting

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos2617

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

Wow Toharbourfront, looks like a great scar even shaved down to a 2 guard. How do you feel about everything?! The buzzed look really suits you!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I'm fairly pleased considering the circumstances. I'm going to look into getting the scar repaired. Perhaps another ht for the front but I dunno. I'd like to hear what the forums thoughts are. Also this picture is without dermatch which I put on the top and some on the scar to make it a bit less noticeable

TOharbourfront,

Your scar looks pretty good. why did you feel your scar was noticeable? was it the hair around the scar so it looked like a "ridge"? or could you see the scar through the hair? It looks so thin in the pics I wouldn't think you would even need to use dermatch back there.

my hair is starting to thin around the transplanted hair and I think looking unnatural

Do you have any pics with longer hair? would be interesting to see.

The good news is that you look pretty good with a shaved down head!

Id say the experiment was a success, and right on time for summer.

M.

TOharbourfront,

Your scar looks pretty good. why did you feel your scar was noticeable? was it the hair around the scar so it looked like a "ridge"? or could you see the scar through the hair? It looks so thin in the pics I wouldn't think you would even need to use dermatch back there.

Do you have any pics with longer hair? would be interesting to see.

The good news is that you look pretty good with a shaved down head!

Id say the experiment was a success, and right on time for summer.

M.

I agree. I was expecting much worse. You could probably touch up the front and be good to go. Are you on finasteride?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

No the scar wasn't noticeable when my hair was longer. Although I keep my hair pretty short anyways. I'm on propecia for prob 10 years. I'm 32 started losing my hair when I was 16. I would only get more done in the front if I was gonna get fur into the scar. I'm gonna look into skin pigmentation for the scar. What you guys think how many grafts would I need to beef up the front and conceal the scar?

Also I buzzed it as kind of a freeing thing for myself to let go a bit and show other people what kind of scars they might have if they go with fut