Couldn't get my hairtransplant.

Hey guys, am feeling pretty bummed out. I was scheduled to get a hair transplant done in chiang mai by dr pong. Upon arriving to chiang mai to have my consultation on June 24th and surgery was suppose to be on June 25th. I was told that I would not be able to get the surgery done because I had high blood pressure. I wasted about $3000 in expenses to get there for nothing.

BensonTT,

Wow! I'm very sorry to hear about this experience. This is the first time I've heard someone report this kind of problem when traveling for hair restoration surgery.

Do you have a history of high blood pressure?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

How high was it?

Couldn't you tell them it was anxiety and nerves before the procedure?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 3 weeks later...

Is hypertension something that occurs naturally with you?? Are you on any hypertension medication for your condition? That's a huge bummer that the clinic turned you away AFTER you traveled there for your restoration! Sorry buddy! =( Where did you travel from? Any chance the clinic would discount the procedure for you if you came back to them.....after you get your hypertension under control! I would think it wouldn't hurt to ask.......

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 1 year later...

BensonTT, sorry that happened to you. I find that a bit strange, when I read other people's experiences with Dr Pong, they never mentioned anything about getting their blood pressure measured, but they did mention a HIV test. Could it be of your medical history?

BensonTT, sorry that happened to you. I find that a bit strange, when I read other people's experiences with Dr Pong, they never mentioned anything about getting their blood pressure measured, but they did mention a HIV test. Could it be of your medical history?

I think its because of me that they updated their prerequisite. Take a look at #2. lol

Thailand Hair Transplant | Looking for Hair Transplants and Hair Restoration

Are you under a Dr's care or medication for your HBP? I have had HBP since my mid 30's and I keep it under control with simple daily meds. Consequently, when I had my HT, my BP was perfectly normal.

With that said HBP is known as the 'silent killer' there are little to no signs of it and it does need your attention. Now.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

All surgeons want to protect themselves and their staff....so patients are tested for HIV, many clinics test for HBV (hep B).

Surgeons are concerned about operative hemostasis (stopping the bleeding), uncontrolled high blood pressure could present bleed out challenges.

Uncontrolled blood glucose, seen in diabetes, can encourage post operative skin infections.

Surgeons want excellent outcomes as much as patients.

Regarding preop hypertension, immediate evaluation by an Thai Internal Medicine MD who could prescribe meds with lowering effects seen within 72hrs.