Height of hairline

If you look at the original hairline transplanted right after surgery they seem a little high in most cases. Once the hair grows in does the hairline assume an apparently lower position because there is now volume to the hairline or is it initially an illusion that it is higher than it should be??

In other words, did someone think his hairline was too high right after the transplant only to realize that it was perfect a few months down the road?

Thanks

You touched on most of the answers yourself! Most transplanted hairlines will fall into the more conservative side, because if progression and donor area allows, one can always lower it in the future. Whereas, if someone goes for a way too aggressive hairline, one might be chasing it for the rest of their life and run out of the oh so finite donor hair in the process.

As to the illusion and transformation of a hairline... you are correct that immediately post op can look a bit higher vs 9 months+ Aside from the gents who slick their hair straight back, the volume you speak of does indeed help make the hairline appear slightly lower, thanks to that "puff" effect as Dr. Feller would put it. Whether or not a patient changes their mind about a hairline being too high or not, depends entirely on how much they get bit by the Hair Greed Bug, and what prospects their donor area has.

I know personally I'll probably want a slight touch up of my temple points/slight lowering at some point (considering all holds up), but I refuse to make a decision until I'm 14 months out. At that point I'll know if I can justify another session or not. IMHO. :]

Yes!! My hairline looked extremely high immediately post-op. About 4 weeks later it settled down to the perfect height, I was quite relieved. I think it has to do with the swelling.

• 1 month later...

Yes, mine looks considerably lower after it grew out.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.