How Many Scalp Laxity Exercise are You Guys Doing?

I am curious how many laxity exercise you guys did/are doing before your strip procedures. Bernstein recommends 15 minutes total a day while H&W for example recommend 30 minutes total per day.

I am doing about 40 minutes (20 on the sides and 20 on the back) each day for three months. Note that I am really stretching the heck out of my scalp so its hard work. I am not just casually moving it up and down. My scalp actually feels looser than it did before my first procedure which was a very large one.

How long per day and for how many weeks in advance did/are you guys doing yours?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

40 minutes a day with the amount of time you've been doing it for Can't.....you're going to be in great shape come August. I did mine for 30 minutes a day (15 sides 15 back) for 4 1/2 weeks....and I still got a pretty decent yield. How much did you do the exercises the first time around to get your 5229 grafts.....because you said you could have gotten even more than that if you wanted to. Certainly you're not going for another 5000 plus grafts this time??

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

40 minutes a day with the amount of time you've been doing it for Can't.....you're going to be in great shape come August. I did mine for 30 minutes a day (15 sides 15 back) for 4 1/2 weeks....and I still got a pretty decent yield. How much did you do the exercises the first time around to get your 5229 grafts.....because you said you could have gotten even more than that if you wanted to. Certainly you're not going for another 5000 plus grafts this time??

The first time, I did them for about 3 months for 30 min total. However, I did not stretch my scalp as vigorously as I am now :)

I did get 5229 the first time but there was a approx. 5-6 cm long area that Rahal did not go into on my donor which could have yielded another approx. 600-700 grafts. Therefore, my first op could have been closer to 6000. Rahal said this time around, since this 5-6 cm was untouched, it is like virgin scalp so that will help with yield. I am shooting for 4000 this time. If I get 3800 I will be "Ok" but not thrilled. Anything below that, I will not be happy. If I can get 4200, that would be ideal. My scar is about 1 mm so that should help with the harvest as well. I also want to make sure I don't deplete my donor either so I hope to still have 1500-2000 left after this op even if it has to be by FUE.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I followed H&W's 30 mins daily exercise for 45 days and DR.Radha was able to harvest 1847 grafts given the fact that I already had 3 futs and a scar revision in the past with a different doc.

• 4 weeks later...

I was fairly loose already but having done these excercises since 1st July I can feel the difference.

I do about 10 sides and 10 back per day. Not neccessarily all in one go. Maybe a couple in the morning and the rest in the evening. They are hard work but you get used to it!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day