Anyone here tried adding one dose of duasteride per week to their fin regime?

Spanker

I have read that it is very effective but not seen any posters that have mentioned results.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think I started a thread about that a while ago..

Yes,I did it for 6 months,but didn't notice any improvement.

I was expecting decrease of libido but to my surprise,there was no negative sexual side effect,in fact I noticed increase of libido.

my Avodart was genuine.I decided to stop taking them after 6 months because I didn't see any improvements,and I was concerned about it's safety and felt uncomfortable each time I took those large yellow pills..and because it's an expensive medication.

I do this, no idea if it's had much effect. I've had big changes to my regime...

no longer using Nizoral, changed minoxidil's, added biotin, added 1 pill of dut per week.

I can say that my hair hasn't got worse - I think it's improved after a shed from the new minoxidil, but who knows if it's improved from where I was before changing everything.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy,

I hope you are able to continue this and report back on if you are able to maintain your current situation.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Spanker,

I added adovart .5mg to my regime approx 9 months ago and I'm glad I have. I went through a pretty bad shed at the start however I feel I am in a better position than I was.

I'm a level headed guy and took my time before adding it to my regime, and I feel it's definitely helped stabilise things

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Spanker,

I added adovart .5mg to my regime approx 9 months ago and I'm glad I have. I went through a pretty bad shed at the start however I feel I am in a better position than I was.

I'm a level headed guy and took my time before adding it to my regime, and I feel it's definitely helped stabilise things

Nice. I am gonna use this as an ace in the hole. I don't think I need to add it yet as I want to keep something in the arsenal besides a future HT. How often are you taking the .5mg?

View Spanker's Website

Nice. I am gonna use this as an ace in the hole. I don't think I need to add it yet as I want to keep something in the arsenal besides a future HT. How often are you taking the .5mg?

That's a fair one spanker you've got a great head of hair. My main reason for adding it was I was a full 4A in my mid thirties. I wanted to try and hold on to the mid to crown area the best I could.

I started off taking 0.5mg 4 times a week but had mild sides with it and dropped back to 0.5 twice a week with propecia daily.

I think my sides were more to do with taking to much adovart with the propecia as well, think it was over kill to be honest.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

As I'm pretty sure my generic finpecia wasn't working, I've lost ground with the crown and midscalp. Have got propecia again but am taking Avodart 3 times per week just to try and boost it.

Will see how it goes and probably drop to twice then once a week in a few months.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon