Hair Transplant for the Gullible

In my 11 hair transplants; 9 being corrective I would not recommend an HT. It still looks thin and noticeable. Virtually undetectable is not true. Your hairline will never look natural; only spotty and grafty. If your surgeon uses multi grafts then be prepared to have lots of touch ups around the grafts. Have the courage to go bald. Shave your head. Don’t buy the “kool aid”. HT’s are all about money. If you get a bad one you could be scarred for life. Don’t do it. It is over-rated and upsold. You will have to dye your hair and get constant touch ups. Run like the wind. An HT is an illusion for the gullible.

Why would you have to dye your hair?

I agree that ht's are not for everyone but it think you are being a little misleading.

9 corrective ht's my be true but some were on a micro level meaning very very few grafts were being dealt with. Your photos can be seen in this thread.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165520-3-hair-grafts-hairline.html

I think you are being a bit sensational and many people are happier in their lives after having surgery.

Many still have been butchered and that is why this site exists.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You will have to dye your hair and get constant touch ups.
EastCoast,

I'm also a bit confused by this comment. While I agree that touch ups will be necessary for many patients, there is no reason that I can think of that having a hair transplant would require someone to dye their hair. I sometimes dye my hair and other times, I keep it natural for months at a time. It has no impact on the appearance of my hair transplant.

Having said that, I think that is the least concerning out of your very slanted and somewhat misleading comments. While it's true that a poorly executed hair transplant has the potential to scar someone for life (and has done many times), skillful execution of state-of-the-art follicular unit hair transplantation can be perfectly natural and undetectable. This has been demonstrated hundreds if not thousands of times right on this forum and our Hair Restoration Websites by real patients with no financial stake whatsoever. And, in case you might claim that these are filtered, censored or otherwise doctored, take a look and you find that it's all there, the good, the bad and the ugly. That is all part and parcel of the transparency with which this community was founded.

Based on your own experience, I can understand your point of view. But, I personally believe that hair loss sufferers who are coming here for help deserve to hear both sides of the story.

Starting with a skilled, experienced and ethical hair transplant surgeon like those we recommend is the key to a happy outcome. The sole purpose of this community is to help people avoid the missteps that lead to a disfiguring procedure.

I'm a happy hair transplant patient. My hair is not perfect. I will, one day, have another procedure. But, until then, I'm so glad not to see that shiny scalp in the mirroror in photos anymore.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Sorry to hear about your experience, EastCoast. People here care. I actually agree with you in many ways because most guys do no research and fall for ads and gimmicks and get ripped off. If anyone out there is new to this DO RESEARCH. Take your time. I spent years going on consults and reading forums. Find the best doc for you.

Coast,

While I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience, I must say that I disagree with your opinion of modern hair transplant surgery and what it can offer. What's more, I think that the countless positive patient experiences and fantastic results posted by recommended clinics on our discussion forums adds further evidence to the contrary.

Regardless, I do apologize for the poor experience and if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know! Additionally, I do think some images and a description of all the procedures you've had done would help.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.