Dr Jose Lorenzo 5035 FUG

It isn't possible for patients with average density and fine hair. My point was that if fue isn't the best choice for every single patient, then it's not a replacement for strip. It may be less invasive but it's not a replacement. Trust me a strip procedure is far from a walk in the park, many people downplay the experience, and the variability in scar healing is a big downfall. But if strip is still the best or only option for someone with lower density and advanced loss then it can't possibly be a replacement.

I see things in different way. FUE can restore most Norwood patterns, just like FUT can. Although I will admit that strip can yield more grafts, I believe the benefits of cherry picking multi-hair grafts with FUE can lead to a similar result with fewer grafts. I don't really think either FUE or FUT can restore a fullblown NW7 convincingly but anything up to a norwood 5 is very possible. Norwood 6s would need some compromise in density and hairline height etc. Now that's not saying everyone is an FUE candidate, but in general terms I do believe FUE is superior and more refined. Not forcing anyone to believe that though and if FUT was more viable for you then I can totally understand why you choose FUT.

I see things in different way. FUE can restore most Norwood patterns, just like FUT can. Although I will admit that strip can yield more grafts, I believe the benefits of cherry picking multi-hair grafts with FUE can lead to a similar result with fewer grafts. I don't really think either FUE or FUT can restore a fullblown NW7 convincingly but anything up to a norwood 5 is very possible. Norwood 6s would need some compromise in density and hairline height etc. Now that's not saying everyone is an FUE candidate, but in general terms I do believe FUE is superior and more refined. Not forcing anyone to believe that though and if FUT was more viable for you then I can totally understand why you choose FUT.

I am a very diffused norwood 5/6, I have had a little over 4000 grafts and right now I am pretty happy with the results of my last procedure at 5 months, but I have really only touched the front 1/3 to front 1/2 of my scalp. So my journey is far from done, however if I went the FUE route I would have been lucky to have gotten 3000 grafts so regardless of the number of 3 hair grafts fue could not provide the grafts I needed.

In reality I don't disagree with pretty much anything you said in this post. My main disagreement is with your comment that "FUE is a replacement for strip." Because the way I see things is the only way FUE could be a replacement for strip is if it is the absolute best choice for EVERY patient. And until regeneration is a verified reality it is not the best choice for EVERY patient.

Mick from Farjo, What is FUG? Was it wrongly typed? I think its FUE. Isn't it?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Harri,

You don't know how bad my eyes are!

Mick

Because FUG in some clinics means FUT (STRIP). Thats why I was wondering if Lorenzo does strip recently? Because I strongly believe that Dr. Lorenzo is an exclusive FUE surgeon! :confused:

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I am a very diffused norwood 5/6, I have had a little over 4000 grafts and right now I am pretty happy with the results of my last procedure at 5 months, but I have really only touched the front 1/3 to front 1/2 of my scalp. So my journey is far from done, however if I went the FUE route I would have been lucky to have gotten 3000 grafts so regardless of the number of 3 hair grafts fue could not provide the grafts I needed.

In reality I don't disagree with pretty much anything you said in this post. My main disagreement is with your comment that "FUE is a replacement for strip." Because the way I see things is the only way FUE could be a replacement for strip is if it is the absolute best choice for EVERY patient. And until regeneration is a verified reality it is not the best choice for EVERY patient.

That's totally understandable, like I said, I might see things in a different light. When I say FUE is the replacement or successor to strip, it is that it has reached a level where it can be a standalone procedure for most people under the majority of norwood patterns. In previous years FUE was relegated to minor recession but nowadays a norwood 1,2,3,4 and 5 can be restored via FUE alone without strip. Norwood 5 and 6 is largely dependent on the patients density, doctor skill and also how much cosmetic donor density they are willing to compromise. If an FUE session(say 3,000 grafts) restricts a patient to a guard 1 or 2, the patient may very well accept 1,000 more grafts but restricted to a guard 2 or 3 etc. I don't recommend norwood 7s to undergo FUE but I don't recommend they undergo FUT either as it is just too much area to cover unless they go with body hair aswell.

• 6 months later...

44 years old patient under medical treatment with finas/minox. Short donor area, very smooth with fine hair (45 microns). Diffuse alopecia in his recipient site which oblige to be very careful with his native hair. We scheduled two surgeries, the first for the front with a very conservative design leaving spacious corners: 3033 FU's (0.75 punch, 6073 hairs; 2.0 hairs/graft) and the second for the crown: 2002 FU's (0.75 mm punch; 4373 hairs; 2.18 hairs/graft). The smooth hair and his way of combing accentuate the optical sense of coverage. Dr. Jose Lorenzo. injertocapilar.com. Madrid. Spain

Jose Antonio

ICC-Injertocapilar.com-Dr. Lorenzo, Dra Vila.

- I work in ICC-Spain human resources, I’m not a sales rep/patient liaison.

- For information, valuations and budget:

coordinadorpacientes@injertocapilar.com(Spain); Mick@farjo.com (MCR)

- New Vimeo Website: https://vimeo.com/user23345553/videos

- New Youtube Website:https://www.youtube.com/shubbapahte

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/injerto.capilar

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Injertocapilar

Dr. Jose Lorenzo is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network