New videos by Dr. Feller

Hello to all.

I have been by and large off the forums simply because there hasn't been enough time to stay involved and see to the needs of my practice and personal life.

Lately, however, the ease and use of video cameras, editing software, and the advent of YouTube has made it easy to produce and create videos which allow me to get more information across in a shorter period of time. So I intend to make short videos and upload them to the chat sites as my media of choice when participating in discussions. I hope everybody finds them interesting and informative.

hey doc! im about 5 weeks post op with you and everything is going great, shockloss in the donor coming back slowly and shedding the transplanted hairs a little each day, its nice to see you back on here hopefully you stick around, i will be seeing you in a year to take 1 yr post op pics , thanks for everything -john

Dr. Feller I am looking forward to watching and learning from your videos. I have great respect for your work and results that transform patients lives.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I usually leave postings of new before/after photos to Spex . But as he's become more and more popular in the mainstream media he doesn't spend as much time putting them together like he used to. Nor does he need to.

We used to put up new photos several times per WEEK. Then we realized it was way more than we needed to do and slowed down.

We have disengaged a bit from posting new photos because new people constantly cycle through these forums and my website, so to THEM all the photos, even ones from five years ago, are still "new".

If there is a particularly interesting or unique case (usually a repair) I look to get it online fairly quickly, but after twenty years of doing and presenting HT surgery results along with interesting innovations I've disclosed there really isn't much "new" that's worth putting up. One 3,000 graft success story is the same as another to someone new to the field and thinking about getting an HT. Know what I mean?

We have found it is much more interesting to encourage patients to post their own photos ALONG with their personal experiences on their own. That's much more personable and interesting to newbies just learning and thinking about getting an HT. It makes it a human interest story rather than a cold before/after presentation. By the way, I am extremely thankful to those who have gone out of their way to post their stories online.

I'm going to try and make video "documentaries" of individual patients from consultation through surgery through full growth, but it's really really hard to get someone to agree to it. And even if they do, many times we can't get together due to schedule conflicts to make the video complete and interesting. But I'll keep trying as I can.

Watch for my future videos which I will use to address some forum topics.

Grow well and heal well. See you in three months.

Dr. Feller

Great idea doctor Feller and we appreciate you taking the time. Your input and knowledge are extremely valuable to us.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Dr. Feller,

It's great to see you back and posting on our forum even if it's on a more limited basis :-). I look forward to viewing your video series. I can also add your videos on your recommendation and Coalition profiles under the "Patient Videos" tab if you think it's appropriate.

Let me know.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Dr Feller, it's awesome to see you back online. I had checked your 'last online' date a few times and it was within a few days of my visit to you 10 months ago, I thought maybe I had cursed the internet in Feller medical or something :D

All is going very well for me here, things are turning out great for me - thanks for doing such an awesome job. I watched your 3 videos (though it's past my bed time) and found them really enjoyable..........I look forward to seeing more!

If you do check from the date in my signature as to my identity, please don't mention my first name if you do respond to me publicly on here!

Great to see you back.

- TommyLucchese:cool:

P.s and thanks again for a really excellent experience last year.

Edited by TommyLucchese

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Great to see you back, Dr. Feller! Look forward to watching the videos.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great to see you're active on the forums again Doc. Your older posts were a major factor in my final decision to pull the hair trigger(lol) and take the plunge. Nearly 3 months out and raring to see what's in store for my follicles and I!

Don't worry Tommy, I won't reveal your identity. No problem at all. Thank you very much for the follow up information and sharing your story online. Continue to grow well. Now go to bed.

Blake,

Thank you for the welcome back.

It seems the videos are helping at least some people so I will continue making them.

Since you're a moderator I just want to make it clear, again, that my goal is simply to express hair transplantation from MY perspective with as much transparency as possible.

Hope all is going well with medical school and hopefully you'll join the ranks of HT surgeons when you're ready. You're always welcome to extern at my office.

Dr. F

Guest jjhere
Great to see you're active on the forums again Doc. Your older posts were a major factor in my final decision to pull the hair trigger(lol) and take the plunge. Nearly 3 months out and raring to see what's in store for my follicles and I!

glad I found this thread

Blake,

You're always welcome to extern at my office.

I'd still love to! I need to figure out if I can get some dates to make this work in early 2014!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Best of luck in your growth NTB.

Blake, check with your Medical Education Director. You should be able to get credit under "surgery service" or as an "elective" (if the system still works that way). Make sure to tell them that you already know you want to specialize in hair restoration and that should help. They will look at you like you have two heads because most education directors have no clue it's a real discipline much less a super sub-specialty worth getting into but push through.

Dr. Feller how long do you think it is best for a patient to usually wait between FUT procedures? I know there might be many variables and no set rule. I had a 4352 graft procedure in August 2012 and would like to have a followup procedure to get more grafts placed in my crown. Are risks of shock-loss and scar stretching lessened by waiting 2 years vs say a year?

Shampoo,

I would give the scalp a minimum of 8 months before round two, but optimally a year and a half. By then the recipient area is revascularized and the donor area is stable. If Dr. W plans to work in a completely untouched area then you can cut that time down considerably.

Taco,

I would love to do the crown of my scalp but I am woefully low on donor hair. I may have enough for a very thin strip and am personally willing to risk a large scar because I couldn't care less about a scar in the back of my head nobody can see if the trade off is more coverage over the obvious bald area of my crown.

After that it's FUE time for me.

I'll do a separate video on that.

Dr. Feller

Shampoo,

I would give the scalp a minimum of 8 months before round two, but optimally a year and a half. By then the recipient area is revascularized and the donor area is stable. If Dr. W plans to work in a completely untouched area then you can cut that time down considerably. Dr. Feller

Thanks Dr. Feller, that's great info.

I tend to be overly conservative so I think I will wait 18 months.

Appreciate the response very much.

Hi, Dr. Feller. I'm coming in for a consultation next month. I have hair in the middle of my head with receeded temples. I've always wore my hair slicked back with gel when i was younger and i can no longer do that because of the recession of my hair and the middle mohawk peice that you call it is too thin in the middle to be slicked back. You can see scalp through it. My question is can i fill in the mohawk piece? I would love to fill in my temples as well to create a nice thick hairline that i can comb back. I have seen your previous work and i feel that 3,000 grafts into the frontal third would be perfect. Another question that I have is when you draw a hairline is what do you base it off of? Should I bring in a picture my favorite celebrity hairline? Should I bring in older pictures of me? maybe both? Please let me know.

- Trippy