Second HT for hairline density

hsrp10

I am planning to have a second FUT procedure in September to boost the density in my hairline.

Any recommendations, experience stories, lessons learned etc. from those of you who have had a second HT in the hairline area?

Was it a success?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Yeah, photos would be nice.. There's not too much different from a first and a second. Hair is hair, and they're going to implant it where there is none.

Do you have specific doctors that you're looking at?

My favorite doctors for hairlines in North America are: Shapiro (if you want conservative hairline), Rahal, Hasson and Wong, and Kornior.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Yes I am contemplating one of the top three doctors to do the procedure.

My results first time around were great, just want to stabilize the right side and add overall hairline density.

Will add some photos later on.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

If you had to choose one surgeon to give you an amazing hairline, would it be Dr. Rahal or Dr. Konior?

go dense or go home

If you had to choose one surgeon to give you an amazing hairline, would it be Dr. Rahal or Dr. Konior?

yes..

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Dr. Rahal seems more affordable, but I am hearing and seeing amazing things from Dr. Konior.

Seems like a great guy too.

Is it a flip of the coin as they are both amazing doctors, or does anyone have experience with both?

go dense or go home

I don't have experience with either of these docs, but their names are both quite prominent and respected on these boards; You'll probably be in good hands with either one.

I did, however, just recently have a 1,552-graft (2,973 hairs total) transplant with Dr. Gabel for the express purpose of thickening up my hairline - see my blog link below.

OtherSyde, thanks!

That is around the amount I am considering having done. Will check out your blog.

How are things "growing" at this stage?

go dense or go home

OtherSyde, thanks!

That is around the amount I am considering having done. Will check out your blog.

How are things "growing" at this stage?

Haha... They're not growing yet to be honest, because I'm in the painful (mentally painful that is) post-op phase where all the hairs have fallen out and I'm pretty much healed, but the new hairs haven't started sprouting yet. I'm at Week 10. I still have about 10 more weeks before any real visible results start showing. I will keep posting updates as soon as things start happening though!

Ok hang in there!

That is definitely the worst part afterwards, as you know since this is your second procedure.

How are you doing in terms of shock loss in the hair from your first HT?

I am wondering if anyone has had smaller touch-up procedures in the hairline for like 500-1000 grafts.

Would like to see the results. I have some "better" hair days (good ones are few) where I think I might just need a management procedure to retouch some thinner areas.

go dense or go home