Interview with Dr Hakan Doganay (AHD clinic)

James84, your interview and video documentation has convinced to choose Dr. Hakan for my minor repair of FUE removal of my old 200 grafts under my new hairline by Rahal and temple points restoration using 300 nape grafts on July 3. I'm already booked and ready. Wish me luck Bro :-)

HARIRI, It is pleasing to know my documentation has helped you in some way for your minor repair. Good look Bro, however you wont need it as Hakan is truly talented, ask him to show you some of his results that he hasn't yet published, i have a feeling you will be impressed. The patient in the video documentation is a repair patient, who has had numerous procedures with Dr Hakan and he couldn't praise him enough for how he turned he's life around. If you get chance, try and visit the old town in Antalya, it is well worth a visit.

I look forward to hearing about the procedure and say hi to Hakan for me and ask him when he is sending he's dog over to England for me!

Enjoy the trip.

I look forward to hearing about the procedure and say hi to Hakan for me and ask him when he is sending he's dog over to England for me!

Enjoy the trip.

I will do. Actually I'm hitting two birds with one stone, I'm going first to meet Dr. Erdogan on July 1st to check my scar and the SMP I had last May if it needs any touch up and then head to Antalya on July 2 to prepare myself for the surgery on July 3. I love Turkey :D

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

James84, your interview and video documentation has convinced me to choose Dr. Hakan for my minor repair of FUE removal of the old 200 grafts under my new hairline by Rahal and temple points restoration using 300 nape grafts on July 3. I'm already booked and ready. Wish me luck Bro :-)

Hey Hariri, I'm booked in with Hakan for middle of July and I would be extremely appreciative if you would be able to let me know what sort of post op medication/shampoo the Dr. gives out after. Good luck with it all mate :).

Hi Guys, I just met Dr. Hakan with his assistant Dr. Ayhan. They were both very kind and welcoming really. Tomorrow im going to have my minor correction hairline surgery.

The great news I received that Dr. Hakan is going to move into his new clinic Istanbul by Christmas which is in the European side close to the airport and he will provide free accommodation in the clinic for the patients just like HDC clinic. Soon Hakan,s patients wont need to travel all the way to Antalya ;-)

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi Guys, I just met Dr. Hakan with his assistant Dr. Ayhan. They were both very kind and welcoming really. Tomorrow im going to have my minor correction hairline surgery.

The great news I received that Dr. Hakan is going to move into his new clinic Istanbul by Christmas which is in the European side close to the airport and he will provide free accommodation in the clinic for the patients just like HDC clinic. Soon Hakan,s patients wont need to travel all the way to Antalya ;-)

Best of luck mate!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Good luck with your procedure tomorrow bro. The new building in Istanbul looks very impressive and i agree is much easier to travel to than Antalya even though i flew direct.

The new clinic will be in Buyukcekmece, Istanbul European side. It will have accommodation for 5 patients free for 3 nights (pre-op, Op, post-op). It is 37km away from the Ataturk International Airport airport which needs around 30 min drive. Check out Google map to have a clearer idea.

My Hair Treatments:

So the nurses do all of the extractions with micromotor and not Dr Hakan? Isn't anyone concerned about this?

That is quite the norm for FUE in Europe. Hakan is not the only surgeon who alternates performing extractions with experienced techs. While I was shocked when I first heard this, it is the general consensus for FUE in Europe and Turkey.

So the nurses do all of the extractions with micromotor and not Dr Hakan? Isn't anyone concerned about this?

Well based on my observation, If manual, Dr Hakan will do all the punching while his talented head nurse will help him with the extractions. But incisions and implanting are 100% Hakan's because of the use of Choi Implanter that allows him to do it in one step.

If motorized then 50% will be done by Hakan and rest by head nurse since its only one step and much easier. But still incisions and implanting is 100% Dr.Hakan.

Even Dr. Erdogan doesn't do all punching himself as he strongly depends on his talented technician Delek. So far the only surgeon I know that will do all recipient incisions and donor punching himself is Dr.Bisanga. It needs real stamina and hands of steel.

Interesting thing is that I extracted 300 grafts from my safe nape hair. Half of it with motorized tool and the other half with manual punches. Dr. Hakan wanted to prove to me that his motorized extraction technique gets as small scars as his manual. I will soon post before my shaved nape hair grows.

My Hair Treatments:

This is a great news for every Hakan Fan, Dr. Hakan Doganay is now the first Turkish member of the IAHRS (The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons). Congratulations :-)

My Hair Treatments:

• 2 months later...

When I make my final decision to go with Dr Hakan (and I think I have) but need to confirm, I may be classed as a repair patient (front hairline) although its not so bad, but it requires corrective work for old plugs, (mini, micro implants) and new technique work to the existing transplants and further density but with additional implants to cover further thinning area on head and crown... I'm somewhere between 4000-6000 Hair and beard. Im actually really excited to get the date booked, hopefully with Dr Hakan. But I have further consultations in UK first with Farjo Team. So as I've not booked a surgery yet I cannot say I am 100% with Dr Hakan, but I'm drawn toward him very much as of to date.

Edited by britboy